“A comfortable month stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sun Canyon Inn

Sun Canyon Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
San Diego
“A comfortable month stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2008

I don't like to travel but I had to stay in Sierra Vista for a month with my dog. I found the rooms spacious and the staff friendly. I love the weekday breakfast buffet. It was hot. The weekend breakfasts were not full breakfasts.

Laundry available. Nice happy hour. Great reastaurant next door. Good location. Nice pool area. Computers and printer in lobby.

Good experience. It's not the Hilton but it was comfortable and nicely priced.

• Liked — Restaurant/bar and breakfast - also they accept dogs
  • Disliked — weekend breakfasts weren't as good and the fitness center equipment is older and some broken parts
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Antonio TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2008

I'm in the final week of my 4-week stay at Sun Canyon Inn. The best thing about Sun Canyon is the full breakfast every weekday. It's good food and it saved me a lot of money, since I could start the day with a full meal, then spend less the rest of the day out of my own pocket.
The women who clean the rooms are friendly, helpful, and responsive. The people who work in the bar/breakfast room are also great. The front desk was efficient.
The price for my room with a queen-sized bed was $71, which is very good for Sierra Vista. Lots of military people stayed here, since it's just outside the main gate of Ft Huachuca.
There is a nice pool and an exercise room that is well equipped.
All in all, if I come back to Sierra Vista, I will do my best to stay at Sun Canyon again, mainly because of price, location, breakfast, and service.

Stayed April 2008
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2006

Staying at the Sun Canyon Inn was a great experience for me and my family. The pool is open 24 hrs a day. You get a hot healthy breakfast in the morning. This also includes complimentary cocktails in the evening. The sevice was at the desk was very pleasent and the housekeepers were very helpful. There was a computer in the lobby for my convenience because I forgot mine. There were also washers and dryers and vending machines in the building. There is a workout room that is open all the time. The hotel is a block from Ft. Huachuca. All is GOOD at the Sun Canyon Inn. I would recommend it to anyone that comes to Sierra Vista.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — The bar is not open 7 days a week.
  • Tips/Secrets — Always stay at The Sun Canyon Inn
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank Marina1025
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2006

I've stayed at Sun Canyon twice and I had a pleasant stay both times. This visit I booked the Sierra Suites for two weeks because Sun Canyon couldn't accommodate my full stay. I'm cutting my stay short at Sierra Suites to move to Sun Canyon as soon as they have availability. The only complaint I have about Sierra Suites is if you open the (with no sheers) anyone walking by can see into your room. If you don't mind a dark room I don't see much difference in the quality of the two hotels. Sierra Suites has a pool so if I were traveling with children I would opt for Sierra Suites.

• Liked — Breakfast/ Happy Hour
  • Disliked — To many breakfast dishes contain meat, keep it separate
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Jdy
La Mirada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2006

I was staying here not by my choice. My employer has a direct billing from here. The staff was a bit less than pleasant (plastic smiles). I was there for a couple of months on business trip. I was treated with little respect, I don't think my ethnicity had anything to do with it. I am a very patient person, but if pushed I shove back.

The good:
Great steak house next door!
Plenty of parking. Coffee was better than average. Close to Ft. Huachuca. High speed internet in room.

The bad:
Room service was horrendous. I worked evenings and on one of the mornings, I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign hung on the door. At 8AM, the maid was pounding on the door, screaming "ROOM SERVICE". I went to bed at 7AM after working all night. By the time I got to the door, the maid had left the floor. The room was hardly turned down every day. I had actually gone 5 days without room service. I had to hint that I needed clean towels by leaving it out side the door, and I put the trash out side of my door as well. If I had to front the money for this sort of service, I would not stayed more than the first day.

Stuff was falling apart all around the room and needless to say, the bathroom was pretty dirty to begin with, it was not cleaned that often. I actually used all the soap before I got a new one. I actually bought my own soap so I wouldn't use their precious little soap bar. It was rediculous.

The room had a reclining chair, it was broken, I almost fell over backwards the first time I reclined in it.

Just thinking about it gets my blood boiling.

Oh, get this... I complained to the front desk that evening, their response was, "...the room needs to be cleaned and the sheets need to be changed every other day" and made it sound as if it was my fault that I was inconvenience to their maid schedule, that I was working the evening shift for work.

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank HappyAsianCamper
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2005

This is by far the filthiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were dirty and my bathroom door had red stains all over the front of it. The hotel provided already used soap and lotion in my bathroom. The room was just very dark and dirty. The complimentary breakfast was not fresh, it was leftovers from whatever had not been eaten the prior morning. The front desk clerks were friendly, but very slow. It took about 20 minutes for them to figure out how to work the computer to check me out. Overall, the staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2005

This is our unit's [AATTC] regular hotel to stay at when we are deployed to Ft. Huachuca for field training. The staff are always there to go out of their way to assist our every need. In fact, most of the front desk personnel know all of us by our first names! The people that have given bad ratings on this hotel undoubtedly NEVER ASKED FOR HELP! These type of people just LOVE TO COMPLAIN! The pool, distance from post, and tasty, free breakfast are just a few reasons why I enjoy staying there. 5 Stars all the way!

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business