“Great place to stay near post.”
Review of Sun Canyon Inn

Sun Canyon Inn
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Bamberg, Germany
“Great place to stay near post.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Staff was great, went out of their way to please. King room was very nice and seemed bigger than other hotels we have stayed at. Pet friendly with a walking trail behind the hotel and a park less than a 1/4 mile away. Best part for me was the made to order breakfast by Robert. Every night you get a free drink during happy hour. We will stay here again when it is time for us to leave.

• Stayed November 2012
BWCooley, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for telling us about your stay. Our cook has been doing a wonderful job of cooking breakfast to each guests desire. I will let him know that you were very happy with his service. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 2, 2012

seriously bad place...not a good part of town. go elsewhere. these people don't care what you do! i got sick from the food in the restaurant almost went to the hospital (where is the health dept on this one?). my understanding is there is a branch in tucson. i won't be going there! hateful manager, front desk staff could care less if you have problems. they all act like they know NOTHING! i guess as usual you get what you pay for...except in this case you get really crappy service and small outdated accommodations that are not exactly clean. and food poisoning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. As the General Manager I take this information very seriously and will use this to train the staff so that this does not occur again. Thank you for your feedback
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel staff was very respectful and attentive, I enjoyed my stay. The hotel is old and needs to be updated. The rooms were large enough and the environment and atmosphere was great. The hotel could use some more staff, to assist with housekeeping and maintenance, but as far as the stay, it was very pleasant. I think if you modernized your hotel, increased your staff you would get more business. The only issue I had was that your cook burned all my food order and did not take the time to recook the items, and I did not find out my items were overcooked until I got to my room later that evening

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
BWCooley, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for the comments. We are always looking to improve and you have given us very good feedback. Thank you.
Frederick, Maryland, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2012

In September of 2012 I spent three nights at this hotel. The reason my stay was only three nights is that my TDY had been shortened from the previous one month duration. Thus when I had called the hotel to make my original reservation, it was for 30 days. I spoke on the phone with the hotel representative who booked my original reservation. She said that since my stay was for an entire month, she would book me into one of their larger, more spacious rooms for additional comfort. Then I called days later to adjust my hotel stay down to a few days. I am certain I spoke to the same hotel representative who booked my original reservation. I was expecting her to say, in that case we will put you into one of our regular room. She did not. I arrived to find myself booked into the same room I had been scheduled to receive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BWCooley, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for telling us about your stay at Sun Canyon Inn. We appreciate all feedback and it is is nice to know when we have accomplished our goal of providing a pleasant stay and superior service.
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stay away from this place. The “stay 4 nights get $50” promotion is a scam. To qualify you need to stay at the per diem rate, which is expensive for this hotel, and when you try to collect the gift card you get the run around. Stay up the road at one of the many newer hotels for the same price!

Sun Canyon Inn is running a special claiming to give out a $50 prepaid gift card for every 4 nights you stay at per diem rate. On my 5th night stay I asked the people working the front desk about the gift card, both didn’t know what I was talking about even though the promotion is displayed on the reader board. When I came back that evening to talk to another person working the front desk I was told to come back several days later to talk to the manager. At this point I was curious if they even intended on giving me these gift cards, what if I was checking out that day? How would I have received it then? When I finally caught up with the manager the day before leaving I was given one gift card and told I could pick up the other one in the morning. At this point I had stayed 10 days total and should have received both gift cards already. The next morning she said she didn’t have any more gift cards but would mail them priority to my home address that afternoon. This was a month ago, and after several phone calls its become clear I will not receive them…..

1 Thank grant b
I understand that there was some delay in getting the cards out to some of our guests, but it is my understanding that we have issued all cards to guests that qualified for this promotion. If you have not received yours and feel that you had qualified for the promotion please contact me at the hotel and I will take care of this.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice people & very nice location. I stayed there under government per diem rates and got a $50 gift card for staying more than 4 days!! Clean, comfortable and accommodating, these guys are always my first choice when I come to town.

Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My 3 week stay at the Sun Canyon Inn was amazing. The continental breakfast was by far better than any hotel that I've been too. Mrs. Faye and her staff members were extremely courteous and always willing to assist with any issue. I will defintely be coming back my next trip to Sierra Vista, AZ.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo