“Sun Canyon Inn review in Sierra Vista, AZ”
Review of Sun Canyon Inn

Sun Canyon Inn
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed October 3, 2012

In September of 2012 I spent three nights at this hotel. The reason my stay was only three nights is that my TDY had been shortened from the previous one month duration. Thus when I had called the hotel to make my original reservation, it was for 30 days. I spoke on the phone with the hotel representative who booked my original reservation. She said that since my stay was for an entire month, she would book me into one of their larger, more spacious rooms for additional comfort. Then I called days later to adjust my hotel stay down to a few days. I am certain I spoke to the same hotel representative who booked my original reservation. I was expecting her to say, in that case we will put you into one of our regular room. She did not. I arrived to find myself booked into the same room I had been scheduled to receive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
BWCooley, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for telling us about your stay at Sun Canyon Inn. We appreciate all feedback and it is is nice to know when we have accomplished our goal of providing a pleasant stay and superior service.

There are newer reviews for Sun Canyon Inn

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stay away from this place. The “stay 4 nights get $50” promotion is a scam. To qualify you need to stay at the per diem rate, which is expensive for this hotel, and when you try to collect the gift card you get the run around. Stay up the road at one of the many newer hotels for the same price!

Sun Canyon Inn is running a special claiming to give out a $50 prepaid gift card for every 4 nights you stay at per diem rate. On my 5th night stay I asked the people working the front desk about the gift card, both didn’t know what I was talking about even though the promotion is displayed on the reader board. When I came back that evening to talk to another person working the front desk I was told to come back several days later to talk to the manager. At this point I was curious if they even intended on giving me these gift cards, what if I was checking out that day? How would I have received it then? When I finally caught up with the manager the day before leaving I was given one gift card and told I could pick up the other one in the morning. At this point I had stayed 10 days total and should have received both gift cards already. The next morning she said she didn’t have any more gift cards but would mail them priority to my home address that afternoon. This was a month ago, and after several phone calls its become clear I will not receive them…..

1  Thank grant b
BWCooley, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I understand that there was some delay in getting the cards out to some of our guests, but it is my understanding that we have issued all cards to guests that qualified for this promotion. If you have not received yours and feel that you had qualified for the promotion please contact me at the hotel and I will take care of this.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice people & very nice location. I stayed there under government per diem rates and got a $50 gift card for staying more than 4 days!! Clean, comfortable and accommodating, these guys are always my first choice when I come to town.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My 3 week stay at the Sun Canyon Inn was amazing. The continental breakfast was by far better than any hotel that I've been too. Mrs. Faye and her staff members were extremely courteous and always willing to assist with any issue. I will defintely be coming back my next trip to Sierra Vista, AZ.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My experience here at Sun Canyon has been nothing but first class service. I have been here for the past 4 weeks and really enjoyed my stay. Thank you to all the staff members at Sun Canyon Inn in Sierra Vista. Forgot they have a really great breakfast rthats included.

Room Tip: Definetly mountain side..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Myself and a coworker stayed here from the 4th-12th September. They had a promo going on, that for every 4 days you stay at the per diem rate, you received a $50 Visa gift card. On the 3rd day of staying there, we started asking the staff at the desk, how and when we received these cards. No one knew what we were talking about. IT WAS ON THEIR SIGN OUT FRONT!!! On the 5th night, it just so happened the owner was at the hotel so we asked again about the gift cards. They conjured up two of them for my coworker and I, but we were to be getting another one each by the time we were to check out on the 12th.. When we asked about those, we were told they would be overnighted to us, and not to worry.. I have called 5TIMES since the 12th to check on the status of these gift cards. Each time I called, I was told by the manager "Faye" she was was going to overnight them the next day. On the 4th call, she even told me she had mailed them already and we should receive them on Tuesday.. Well, its Tuesday.. I call today asking for the owners contact information and was told that I can not have that information. She "Faye again" told me I can go on the internet and write a complaint but "its just going to come right back to me.." Even more of a reason to get in contact with the owner. I was still refused that information. If this review reaches the owner, I encourage him to contact me.. The owner and I talked briefly during a social, and he even gave me some spices to take home and try. A nice man, who Im sure would not be pleased to know his customers are being treated like this by a manager that obviously can not multitask.. "Faye" knows how to get a hold me..On top of all that, my linen was never changed during the entire stay, and dirty towels and wash clothes remained in my room after "cleaning", the AC unit in the room was as old as the hotel, when I went to use the fitness room there were boxes and dust all over the equipment for the first 3 days as if it was being used to store crap from the bar. This all magically disappeared the day the owner showed up. I was willing to overlook these things due to the close proximity of the Base and the very large room I had, but the lies about the gift cards, and not being able to talk to anyone but "Faye" when I wanted to escalate my concerns, sent me over the top...

1  Thank Jbrast
Faye J, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Jeremy,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We try our best to make our guests our number one priority. As you mention in your comments, Sun Canyon Inn has a promotion going on, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Right now the promotion is a $50 Visa gift card if you stay at the per diem rate or higher. Gift cards are awarded every fourth day. Your cards were mailed priority, and I do apologize that they have not yet made it to you.

I am happy you were able to meet the owners the week you were here. They were here during the September 11 week in support of 911 with Fort Huachuca. As a general rule we do not give out the owner's personal contact information, but I will be happy to forward your concerns, as well as contact information, to them.

Unfortunately, you did not actually speak with me, you spoke to another employee. I do apologize for any problems you encountered on your stay. On your next trip out we would be happy to honor this promotion since our accounting department, and staff, were behind on this while you were here.

Once again I would like to say thank you for staying with us and we promise you will be greeted with a smile upon your arrival. Your stay will be comfortable and to your satisfaction or we vow to make it right.

Faye Jackson

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great service and customer care. Ammenities were fantastic and they provided our whole group with outstanding service. I have stayed at many hotels in Sierra Vista, AZ and this is one of the best when it comes to customer care. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
BWCooley, Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

We thank you for your kind comments. We strive to provide top notch friendly service to every guest and we appreciate hearing when we have succeeded in that goal. We are here to provide a home away from home for all who come to Sierra Vista on business and pleasure and it is nice to hear that we have become your new home in Sierra Vista.