“Fantastic!”
Review of Sun Canyon Inn

Sun Canyon Inn
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed December 16, 2011

For the past 6 years I have stayed here several times a year. I have watched the owners update the hotel into a comfortable, up to date place. I don't want to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank RangerLee
There are newer reviews for Sun Canyon Inn

Reviewed December 8, 2011

A great place to stay with free hot continental breakfast everyday. Great customer service with very friendly workers. Free very fast internet service and wifi. Military friendly business and they love to serve you with a smile!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We had a wlecome home party for my husband and about 35 friends and family at the hotel utilizing the Brushfire BBQ staff and restaraunt. They did an excellent job with the food and helping to make sure that we had everything we needed to make the night a success. We stayed for the night and found that the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and breakfast was waiting in the morning. As far as the age of the hotel... yes the hotel is on the older side (nothing is new forever) but it is well kept up and you cant beat the location to Ft Huachuca. We felt welcome from the moment we walked in the main entrance and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gina S
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I think the bad comments are way of base from what I just experienced. Stayed two nights last week. The hotel definitively is older compared to the hotel next door, but the rate was great and the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was simple with some hot items and a selection of fruit, bread and cereal. I had to work so I was happy that the internet worked perfect both days and the complimentary happy hour (just had to hit it at the right time) was a nice bonus. I liked the hotel for the price and it was in good condition. Mostly I found everyone to be friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay again if I pass through Sierra Vista

Room Tip: I only got a standard room, but was talking to the front desk agent and found out I could have got a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank fred r
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stay here when visiting family at least 3 times a year Things have changed much since last visit in March 2011
No longer have breakfast every day, it was closed on weekends and the desk clerk couldn't tell me if they would have service again for the next week
No more happy hour drinks In fact, the bar and grill is gone A bar-b-q place is leasing the restaurant now Nasty bar-bQ! The meat smelled and looked moldy!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank AZVet
SunCanyonInnGM, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

We still serve a full, hot buffet breakfast every Monday through Friday, with a continental/waffle breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday, and have always done this, and we have no plans to change this service. We also continue our offer of complimentary Happy Hour cocktails for our hotel guests, and are pleased to be able to offer this features at Sun Canyon Inn.

BrushFire BBQ was voted "Best in Tucson" for the last three years running (2009-2011), and we have received excellent reviews and compliments about the quality of our food, and many loyal customers. Perhaps your meal was not to your taste, and we invite you to return and sample a different dish. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, and we will be happy to immediately address them for you.

Thank you for your comments. We will continue to offer the amenities that Sun Canyon is known for, as well as improve and develop new ways of serving our guests.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

IWhen January rolls around, I head for Arizona. The only place I've come back to over the last several years is the Sun Canyon Inn. The staff is helpful and friendly. Because many of the guests are soldiers on assignment, the inn offers a quiet and polite atmosphere. The breakfasts are great and varied. The happy hour is just that with two free drinks at night. And the burgers, chicken, etc. are delicious. Love those onion rings. There's free computer use in the lobby. The rooms are clean and kept clean. And the price is fair. What more could I want. Can't wait until January.
This last January, I brought my sister with for her first trip to Arizona and she loved the Inn as well. The day we left, we were given hugs by the kitchen servers and sent on our way with a "safe trip home" wish.
What more could one want?!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Barbara T
SunCanyonInnGM, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

We're glad you enjoyed yoru experience with us! We're looking forward to welcoming you back next time, and we know you'll have as pleasant a stay with us as always. Thanks for the kind review!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

They charged my credit card when I paid in CASH. They guy behind the desk is a CON MAN. He talked me into paying in cash and also charged my credit card. The management was no help in resolving this issue. Don't stay here and trust them with your credit card number! Very poor business ethics.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Jewel C

We do everything possible to address issues or concerns our guests have, and our job is to make each person's stay with us comfortable, stress-free, and pleasant. Billing concerns are of course very important for us to address efficently and professionally. We keep detailed records, make sure our guests have equally complete records, and when a guest presents valid documents and receipts for our review, we are diligent in our commitment to provide customer satisfaction. We go the extra mile to make sure that any errors are immediately corrected and resolved.

Each and every one of our staff is interested in ensuring that Sun Canyon Inn maintains our excellent standards, fair treatment of all our guests, and the best service in town.

Thank you for your comment, and for giving us the opportunity to respond.