“Wonderful experience”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2009

We had dinner and several drinks on Saturday night. Although the lobby was extremely crowded, we had made reservations and were seated right away.
We both ordered the 26 ounce Margaritas, which were to-die-for!
Our meal came steaming hot and delicious! I would definately recommend the seafood enchiladas!

Reviewed January 18, 2009

The food there is always hot and delicious. Service can be slow at certain peak hours but is well worth the wait. What do you expect from one of the busiest restaurants in the city? I didn't grow up in a Mexican family but I love Mexican food. I have read a bunch of reviews on this establishment and I am surprised at some of the bad reviews La Casita has got. Most of them saying it isn't "authentic" enough. Just because La Casita's chilli relleno doesn't taste like your mom's, doesn't mean it isn't "authentic". The food here is great and if you are looking for delicious food in a nice atmosphere, you will not be dissapointed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Ricardo's in Hereford is MUCH! better.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Crowded for lunch, but worth the wait. I love the mural paintings on the walls and the overall atmosphere.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 2, 2007

We eat here occasionally and we bring family and friends over when they come to visit. There are no surprises here - nothing too spicy or different - so we always know what to expect.

Chiles rellenos is good but is always drowning in sauce. The tacos, tortillas, even the salsa is what you'd expect to find at chain restaurants or fast food places (like Chi Chi's or Taco Bell). As mentioned in a previous post, the margaritas are too sweet. Also I order it without the salt and I ALWAYS get one with salt. Service is usually average, sometimes poor, never prompt.

The dining room is always loud. Pretty good mariachi band on Fridays but that makes it louder. Not a place I'd recommend for a romantic dinner.

However, this restaurant does very well when it comes to catering large groups. They have a room large enough for events (weddings, retirements, birthdays) and their catering menu AND food is pretty good at these events. Service is also much more prompt at these catered functions.

1  Thank MollyMick