“Good staff, good food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

8 of us dropped into La Casitas restaurant near 7 for supper. It was full and they sat us in the lounge, then moved us to a table for 8. The bar tender (sorry cannot remember the young lady's name) also looked after us at the table and she was friendly and helpful. The food came in a reasonable time and was good tasting for the most part. We had a variety of meals. The margaritas were $7 which seemed like a lot as they were not that large. The rest of the pricing seemed good. One of my dishes had overdone meat but the others were good.Thanks. I would eat here again.

There are newer reviews for LA Casita Restaurant & Cantina

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This place was okay, not great.

I specifically asked our waiter about the margaritas, as I hate getting mediocre ones. I wanted to be sure the drink was authentic, and not just sour mix and a tiny bit of tequila over a bunch of ice. I even paid more for the extra shot of Grand Marnier or some other orange liqueur. Well, the margarita was not good, and came in a big iced tea glass of ice. Tasted like overly sour lemonade with no flavors of liqueur, lime, or tequila. And it cost a bunch.

The pork carnitas had a lot of gristle in the meat. I was constantly spitting out fat pieces and not sure what else (and we were dining with others!). That said, I thought my food was tasty enough to reheat the leftovers with eggs the next day for breakfast. My husband hated his food however, and refused leftovers. This from a man who is very frugal and never wastes food.

In short, order something inexpensive to eat, maybe a quesadilla, and a Mexican bottled beer. Then you won't be out much money if you are not "wowed" by what you get.

Our waiter was great, however! Friendly and attentive. There was nothing so horrible that we had to send stuff back, so we didn't bother him.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Everything was mushy and salty with no distinguishing flavors, not authentic Mexican at all. The place was packed so we thought it would be good but it wasn't. The waitress was too busy to pay attention to our table and therefore got our drinks and our bill wrong. We will not be returning.

1  Thank Eater3041
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've been getting my Mexican food fix at La Casita since somewhere around 1978. I'm reasonably certain that I've never had a bad meal there. Whether dinner or lunch, it is always good.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We manage to stop here every time we visit Sierra Vista. We usually have lunch, but this time we came mid-afternoon for appetizers. Always a good dining experience here!