“Best Homemade Salsa Around!”

LA Casita Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #2 of 133 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been here many times over the last 5 years, and they have the BEST fresh salsa I have ever had. They offer free salsa and chips while you wait for your meal to arrive. Originally, they used to give a very large bowl of salsa, and it was unlimited refills until they started losing money on people going in and taking advantage of their hospitality, filling up on the salsa without ever ordering anything. So they have cut it down to a small bowl with one free refill. I used to like Pace Picante chunky salsa and many other kinds of pre-made salsa in a jar found at the grocery store, but La Casita has tainted me, and I will no longer buy salsa from the grocery store. Their salsa is continually made fresh throughout the day, and many times there is a wait for it because they are constantly running out and having to make up another batch. You can order it by the pint or quart, and I used to go in and purchase just the salsa on a regular basis while I lived in Hereford, from 2008-2011. I have had their chimichangas (I like the chicken the best), tamales, cheese crisp (It's the best with ground beef and tomatoes added), and many of their other menu items. I haven't disliked anything that I have ordered. To date, La Casita is my favorite Mexican restaurant of all-time. The employees are always friendly, their food is delicious, and they are always packed. The best times to go are when they first open or in between their lunch and dinner rush. I haven't gone right before close to see what the wait is like, but if you go at lunch or dinner time, you are guaranteed to have to wait for a table; especially if you are with a group. There is an indoor bar with tvs, and they also offer catering.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been here several times over many years, and I wish I could rate it higher. They draw a crowd, but the food and service leave much to be desired. My food was way too salty, so I asked the waitress for another dish, less salty, but my second entree was just the same. Salt is a poor substitute for flavor, but it is heavily used at LaCasita. The beer and chips were fine.....good salsa. The atmosphere is thoroughly Mexican. Loud and busy, but pleasant. Parking can be a problem in front, but more is available in back.

5  Thank TeedUp
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Let me start by saying we are Sierra Vista residents, but have never eaten at the Sierra Vista La Casita before. We had no problems with anything. The food was good; the portions were large enough for us to fill a medium-size container with leftovers, and the prices were pretty much what we expected (better than some Mexican restaurants we have been to other places). The staff was friendly; our server stopped by the table several times to make sure we were doing OK.

If I had one complaint, it would be that I ordered the rolled taco platter, and before they were served (with very tasty beans and rice), the chef toasts them to the point of making them a bit difficult to cut with a knife. Now why, you might ask, would anyone eat a taco with a knife and fork ... and you would have a valid point. It's the way I grew up (in northern New Jersey); my parents insisted we learn to eat everything with a knife and fork, including fried chicken and pizza. Would I recommend La Casita? Depends on what you're looking for. If it's good Mexican food, then ... sure.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Upon entering one can tell this is a local favorite. Clean, lots of seating, reasonable prices. We were seated and served quickly. The usual chips and salsa were brought almost immediately. Tasty thin chips with (truly) mild salsa. Enjoyed a pleasant family dinner with a very attentive server. I ordered the appetizer chicken quesadilla as my meal which was more than enough. Very good and full of chicken. Others got tacos with beans and rice and were satisfied. One got a taco salad and found it lean and tasty. All would easily return when in town again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went here in the early evening. Very crowded. The bar was popular. The waitress was very rushed. The drinks seem good, though the food was good, very flavorful. The chips did not seem fresh though, and the salsa was not the best. The place is clean and well decorated, although the area to wait for a table is a little cramped.