“Good Mexican food close to the border”

LA Casita Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Let me start by saying we are Sierra Vista residents, but have never eaten at the Sierra Vista La Casita before. We had no problems with anything. The food was good; the portions were large enough for us to fill a medium-size container with leftovers, and the prices were pretty much what we expected (better than some Mexican restaurants we have been to other places). The staff was friendly; our server stopped by the table several times to make sure we were doing OK.

If I had one complaint, it would be that I ordered the rolled taco platter, and before they were served (with very tasty beans and rice), the chef toasts them to the point of making them a bit difficult to cut with a knife. Now why, you might ask, would anyone eat a taco with a knife and fork ... and you would have a valid point. It's the way I grew up (in northern New Jersey); my parents insisted we learn to eat everything with a knife and fork, including fried chicken and pizza. Would I recommend La Casita? Depends on what you're looking for. If it's good Mexican food, then ... sure.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Upon entering one can tell this is a local favorite. Clean, lots of seating, reasonable prices. We were seated and served quickly. The usual chips and salsa were brought almost immediately. Tasty thin chips with (truly) mild salsa. Enjoyed a pleasant family dinner with a very attentive server. I ordered the appetizer chicken quesadilla as my meal which was more than enough. Very good and full of chicken. Others got tacos with beans and rice and were satisfied. One got a taco salad and found it lean and tasty. All would easily return when in town again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went here in the early evening. Very crowded. The bar was popular. The waitress was very rushed. The drinks seem good, though the food was good, very flavorful. The chips did not seem fresh though, and the salsa was not the best. The place is clean and well decorated, although the area to wait for a table is a little cramped.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The food was average to poor. The rice was undercooked. The hot salsa was nothing more than a hot sauce, and the tostada had a very thin spreading of refried beans on the tortilla with mounds of lettuce and very little cheese. My taco shredded beef was tough and had burnt edges. This meal was terrible. I myself will never eat there again and I will not reccommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had chicken tacos here that were salted to the max ... maybe to cover up the gaminess of the meat. My girlfriends beef taco salad was average. Just the typical fair. Just nothing exceptional.