“Best Happy Hour in Sierra Vista!”
Review of The Lodge Sasquatch Kitchen - CLOSED

The Lodge Sasquatch Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I live near Scottsdale's "The Lodge", so I was pleasantly surprised to find one of my hometown faves here in Sierra Vista. I rated this experience a little low due to they having a firefighter charity event going on for the Yarnell hotshots- so it was crazy busy and service was slow- to be expected. But beyond that- you come to the lodge for drinks, fun, burgers and more. Their happy hour goes till 7pm- almost unheard of! For $6 you get a awesome premium burger and a draft beer, you can't beat that anywhere! They also do 1 pound of wings for $6 at HH! Wings are very good, I love wedge salads, but this one missed the mark. The house brew (Lodge Beer) is very good, slightly dark, plenty of hops and flavor. Staff is friendly, I'd definitely come back, service should get better as this place is new and they are still probably working out the kinks. $3 HH beers, great burgers, fun atmosphere, cool decor- soon to be one of SV most popular places! Unless you are a huge lumberjack you better have help eating the Sasquatch Burger!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really like the burgers at The Lodge. They are a solid half pound of quality beef served on a bed of fresh lettuce and a slice of tomato, topped with real melted cheese and thick cut bacon, and can be served on a soft Pretzel bun. Very delicious.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for their Wedge Salad. Feeling a little guilty about ordering a burger which tops 1000 calories, I decided to order the Wedge Salad. Well, the prank was on me... the "Wedgie" consisted of 1/8th of a head of lettuce instead of the typical 1/4 piece, and covered with a mediocre blue cheese dressing (no chunks and with all the quality of something squeezed out of a condiment packet at a fast food joint). A tablespoon each of bacon, onions, and Blue cheese crumbles was served on the side.

Okay, it was healthier than the burger but for $7.99 I expected an Adult portion. The 12" oval plate was large enough to hold a larger (appropriate) serving. Why such a large plate for such a small salad? It made the presentation of the salad odd looking with the chunk of salad on one side of the plate and the bacon and cheese crumbles on the other side. Between them lay a vast expanse of empty plate. Was it to allow an area in the middle of the plate to mix the salad ingredients? Was it to emphasize that if all six of us ordered the salad we would have paid the equivalent of $48 for less than a single head of lettuce? Perhaps (as I finally surmised) it was to allow my fellow diners a place on my plate to offer bits and pieces of their food to make a meal I should have received in the first place.

Today’s Rating- The Burger gets 5 Stars, and the Salad gets 5 Wedgies.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I like the open sports bar / hunting lodge set up. It is loud, which is great for kids. Not quite as loud as Texas Roadhouse. You can have a conversation without yelling at the person across from you. The food is good- gigantic portions. I had the Shepherd's Pie which was so good that I shared it with a stranger sitting a table over. I've also had the Viking Chicken which has an entire avocado on top. I may have just been lucky with my food choices but I thought it was good. The only bad thing I tasted was the chili, which tasted like it came out of a can. Still, it wasn't that bad.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went there on a Saturday night; it was modestly busy at 0730 pm. We wanted to order the two local beers but they had only one. Therefore, we ordered the amber ale and cocktail. Both were fine.

We did not order any appetizers; there were no free appetizers like bread or peanuts, etc. The waiter brought no water was brought to us though we did not ask for it. Given it was 100 degrees that day, I assume it was a given they would bring it to us. I was wrong. I guess these days you need to ask for water.

For our entrees, we want to order steaks. They had none. The explanation was "it was the end of the month”. I do not know what that means but I ordered the meatloaf with the sides of peas / carrots and sweet potatoes fries. All was fair. However, they have a cheese sauce on the meatloaf that tasted like Velveeta cheese with jalapeño.

Overall, the atmosphere, service, drinks, and food were ok. However, I thought it was not a good value. My entree, one slice of meatloaf with some vegetables was $16.00. In short, I will not go plan to go there but would go if asked. I think that Pizzeria Mimosa and Sam's are better value though on opposite ends of the spectrum. This is a clean sports bar with a theme. The food is not much different from any American restaurant.

I think they will need to do better. This spot, although a prime location, has seen two upscale restaurants close. It may become one of those "curse" spots in town that never make it very long.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointing. Ordered the chicken Kiev. First time served it cold. The waiter took it back to the kitchen and promised they would make me a new one. New one came out in 5 minutes. It was served hot , problem is it was way over cooked and hard as a rock. Have, paid the bill and won't make the same mistake twice.