“New Restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Tucson, Arizona
“New Restaurant”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

***The reviews here prior to Feb. 2013 are for the Big Fat Greek Restaurant, but the location is now the Lodge Sasquatch Kitchen.***

This restaurant has a rustic mountain feel, with youthful appeal. This is reflected in the decor and menu which offers everything from a Sasquatch Burger (between two grilled cheese sandwiches) to healthy salads to battered Walleye fish dinners. The menu is right-sized and me and my dining companions completely enjoyed our dinner of beer brat and loaded french fries. They were out of the Velveeta Cheesecake, but I am dying to try it.

The former restaurant in this location had a walled off group area, but this has been transformed into a hipster lounge with a couch and games. With lots of TVs and music (a bit too loud for my taste), it seems this restaurant is really going for the younger crowd. Me and my party also loved the little pan/dishes they have on the tables for appetizers, and my friend wanted to take one home... Sasquatch should totally sell them! Overall, other than the loud music, the server and the food was great.

• Visited April 2013

Lebanon, Tennessee
“Was closed at Christmas!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

REALLY? WHY!?! Used to be a wonderful place for lively Greek meals, complete with the smashing of china plates and all. I realize Sierra Vista has slowed down a bunch since the war is over (?) but to see this successful restaurant boarded up was a big disappointment. Hoping they will come back ... soon!

Visited December 2012
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Too bad it is closed now”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just moved to Sierra Vista recently and someone recommended this restaurant. The food and service were great the few times we were able to go. Unfortunately, they have recently closed but I am not sure why. This is too bad! We certainly would have gone there at least two or three times a month. It was just that good!

• Visited December 2012
Georgetown, Texas
“Used to be good”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant was good when it first opended but the last 2 times that I went, the food was awful. the salmon that I used to order got smaller and smaller and the pasta tasted like over cooked mush. So I will no longer be coming here but will be going to the Tucson for Greek food instead

• Visited November 2012
Arizona
“Maybe just a fluke in the service, but the food was delicious!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went on a Sunday evening. We didn't have to wait long to be seated. It was not empty, but it was not overly crowded. The atmosphere seemed nice, the greeter was friendly. After being seated, we were told a waiter would be with us shortly. After about ten minutes, our two year old started to have a meltdown, as he was tired and apparently very thirsty as he was chanting for juice. After a few minutes of him not calming down, my husband took him to the car telling me to text him whenever I had a drink for him. Over five minutes later, still nothing. My husband and son returned, as my son had calmed. We spotted some waiters standing and chatting, and after a few minutes and our son starting to get worked up, my husband went over to one of them who had a pitcher, and asked to have some water. Our waiter came over and said her would be back. We waited about five more minutes, and then he came and took our beverage and appetizer orders. It was not long before it was out, along with our son's beverage. We ordered the platter of four different hummus/dips with the pita bread. It was very good. We placed our entrees. My salad came right as we were finishing the appetizer along with our sodas, and then it was followed by the adult's entrees. Though our son's pizza had not come, which upset him a little. A few minutes later, the waiter told us no one had put it in, he was not sure why they had not, and he had it in now. By the time it came, less then ten minutes later, it was not needed anymore. I ordered the Mousaka, which was very good. My husband ordered the Aegean Club, which we both thought tasted good, but my husband said the chicken was too dry to make it amazing. We ended up getting doggy boxes, but the waiter said they only had small ones, so we ended up having to get three for the pizza and leftover sandwich. Kind of awkward to carry. We waited awhile for the check, but it was a pretty decent price, even though we didn’t even really need to order my son anything since it came so late he wasn’t hungry anymore. We left very full, with leftovers. This was our first time to this restaurant chain, and even with the issues with the service the food is too good to not return. Or maybe just carry out.

• Visited November 2012