“Love the atmosphere”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Famous Sam's Restaurant & Bar
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Recommended by the Manager at Suburban Extended Stay as one of her favorites to have a nice time with friends

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I've been here twice - Dec. 2011 and Mar. 2012. I'm a wing fanatic, so of course this is what I ordered. It's not the best wings, but they're not bad. The drinks are a little pricy, but to be expected for Long Island Iced Teas (they could be a little stronger too).
Sports are on all of the TV's if that's what you like. Unfortunately they do not show professional wrestling.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Good place to watch sports. Not a lot of soldiers, mostly locals. Food was good, fair prices, good beer, and good staff.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

We had several department lunches at Famous Sam's and I'm not sure what they are famous for. The first few times we placed our orders in advance since we had a large group, but this worked poorly for them as they made the food in order on the list which meant people who weren't even there yet had food waiting while those who had been sitting in the restaurant for 30 minutes had nothing. Refills were haphazard and several times I went up and behind the counter and got my own silverware and napkins since I couldn't get any assistance. The second few times we changed the ordering method and it was a bit better but service was still spotty to poor. There was no effect on the food of course, which was consistently greasy and required lots of napkins to complete. They also have the annoying habit of serving greasy food in baskets with wax paper underneath, so the paper soaks through, sticks to the food, and if using utensils, gets shredded as you go along. The poor service was perpelxing also as the restaurant was ususally mostly empty except for our group yet getting a servers attention was near impossible. This place may be better with just two or four people and not during lunch, but for lunch time groups, I'll pass.

Reviewed March 29, 2010

Have eaten here 3 times and enjoyed to food each time. Large portions and no foodborne illness symptoms (which is rare around here).