“FANTASTIC, FUN, FABULOUS”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 21, 2013

WOW, My parents invited me to drive down to Sierra Vista for a wine pairing event a couple of weeks ago. The whole night was such a blast. The chef really was amazing. Food melted in my mouth, it was absolutely delicious. Each course was such a pleasure to eat. The organic wine was paired perfectly. The restaurant was really cool, we had a private room, even a large banner for our very own wine pairing dinner. The room was decorated just for us. I am so glad I decided to join my family and experience this great restaurant in Sierra Vista. Oh, by the way, they have a piano player who was fantastic, fun, and fabulous.

Recommend this restaurant, chef, and musician for anyone looking for a great dining experience in a simply quaint Italian Restaurant. Seriously, it was that good.

2  Thank Amy332
There are newer reviews for Delio's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This used to be my favorite Italian food in Sierra Vista, but on our most recent visit, we had a rude awakening that the old Delios left town when new management took over.

To begin, after waiting at the table we were seated at for 15 minutes, one of our friends had to go find a waitress to attend to us. We order drinks and apps (Calamari, hot wings, and mozzarella sticks). The waitress came back several minutes later and proceeded to tell us that they could not make piña coladas anymore because all their mixes had expired. Later in the night when she reassured us that she could get us daquiris, she had to come back and tell us that their ice machine ha broke and they could no longer make mixed drinks... Odd because we revived drinks with ice later that night.

Now to the apps: the wings were all right, the mozzarella sticks were fine though nothing special, but the calamari was less than appetizing. The squid was rubbery an chewy, and the breading was falling off before we had ate any.

Now to our meals. This is going to take a bit. My wife and I each had salads, mine was a house salad with chicken and hers was a chicken ceasar. Our female friend with us also ordered a chicken Caesar salad. Both Chicken Ceasar Salads were unedible. Not only did the salad smell reminiscent of our puppies' feces, but the overall taste of the chicken and dressing was absolutely unpalatable. My wife did not eat her salad and our friend got part way through and had to run to the restroom and began vomiting. My other friend eating with us ordered spaghetti and spicy sausage. He has eaten here before and while he didn't have any serious issues with his meal, he did say that it was not up to par with anything restaurant quality.

The issue of poor service continued through the night, with us having to find a waitress to refill our drinks, and another couple had complained about not even getting their drinks yet, asked for a manager (who never came), and then promptly left the establishment. While our waitress was generally kid and apologetic, she was somewhat unprofessional with her comments about Delios, even referring to certain things there being "ghetto".

A manager came out an spoke with us, not at our request, and we explained the situation. She ended up taking the salads off of our check, and apologized. Regardless, our check was still outrageous.

I am sad to say, I no longer have a go-to Italian place in town. I guess it's Olive Garden in the meantime. It's disappointing to see a place which used to have good eats and decent atmosphere at a reasonable price turn into the poor excuse for a restaurant that it is now.

1  Thank Norsk33
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The meal was offered as chief's choice and I must say it was great. If these offerings were to be put on the regular menu they would have many happy patrons.

The entrees were poached salmon and stuffed pork loin. Both excellent. I am not a fish eater but I cleaned up every moist tasty bit of that salmon. One of the sides served was Gorgonzola polenta …...outstanding… I understand that the new managers have brought in this new chef to help them bring up the poor rating they have had.I would say...let this chef cook and the customers will come. Service was good, all the plates arrived hot and in good time.

A strong suggestion would be to change the name so the restaurant can start fresh and not come under the previous management's ratings and please do something with the inside and outside decor, so dated and depressing .

1  Thank phoenixwan
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Delio’s will never be the same with Melinda as the new owner. She is a visionary and a trend setter taking Delio’s to the next level. Definitely visit if you are a local in Sierra Vista or live nearby. Here you will find Chef McElfish, an innovative chef who uses only the freshest ingredients that result in perfection.

Living in Tucson, we had eaten at Delios once prior while visiting Sierra Vista. Our first impression of Delio’s was delicious and delightful. I wanted to have a dinner party for friends and family to share traditions and make extra memorable memories. I contacted Melinda who suggested a wine pairing private party including live entertainment. All I did was set the date and Melinda's meticulous attention ensured a flawless impression of the perfect wine pairing event.

Our event featured Organic Wines. (I am all in favor of vineyards who nuture and respect their soil. Organic methods of farming produce the healthiest grapes)

Chef McElfish informed everyone of the menu. Wine was infused in each course.

Mediterranean Salad with Aegean Dressing --- Beautiful fresh greens, bright cherry peppers, feta cheese, red onions, cucumbers and Kalamata olives were just a few of the delicious ingredients in this awesome salad. The dressing was light and flavorable complementing salad perfectly.

Salmon in foil with aeromatic vegetables and herbs --- The aroma when opening the foil was highly pleasing to my sense of smell. The flavor was out of this world. By far the most delicious salmon I have eaten. This was a culinary masterpiece!
Risotto
Sangiovese

Roasted pork loin with savory herb stuffing --- Savory and prepared perfectly
Topped with tomato wine infused sauce
Sautéed kale (very crisp texture bursting with flavor)
Gorgonzola cheese Polenta with roasted garlic sauce -- Smooth and delicious, full of
flavor
Montsant Wine

Chocolate Mousse (light as air, amazing)
Shaved chocolate on top -- beautiful plating
Frangelico
Moscato

Homemade Cannoli --- Delio’s signature dessert

Chef McElfish definitely had a love affair with the finest ingredients possible to create this amazing four course gourmet meal. Thank you for the execution of the perfect meal. We had impeccable service during the entire evening. Kudos to the servers and bar manager.

The ambience couldn’t have been better. The room was bustling with friends and family taking their favorite song requests to the pianist, happy when he played their song sometimes singing along. Having a piano player with such talent set the mood for laughter, singing and romance. Dennis is a star performer with the perfect mix of talent and attitude.

Let our dining experience be an inspiration for you to visit Delio’s. It is not the fanciest or trendiest restaurant but Delio’s is the restaurant that defines what eating out is all about. You can get ordinary food anywhere, but if you are like us and enjoy the finer foods in life prepared for you, we recommend Delio's. So whether you want an intimate dinner for two or a wine pairing event Melinda is your link or connection to a delicious stress free evening.

Thank you Melinda, Chef, family and staff for hosting this amazing delicious gourmet meal featuring organic wines.

Thank you Dennis for your enthusiastic response to our group. You are a spirited pianist with talent beyond belief who dazzled everyone in attendance.

6  Thank 1952Ruby
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I just enjoyed our dinner at Delio's. The baked ziti was delicious, and my husband's seafood lasagna was excellent. The restaurant was crowded with guests who were obviously enjoying their dinners. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was piping hot and obviously prepared by an excellent chef. We always enjoy our dining there.

1  Thank betty517