“Great food”

The German Cafe
Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, International
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Description: Authentic German Cuisine & Hospitality Including other International Specialties: Bringing Germany to Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Great food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My favorite place to eat. The jaguar schnitzel is one of main dishes I usually get. The desert cakes are home made.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank fedjoe

El Paso, Texas
“1A homestyle cooking”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

A must when you visit Sierra Vista on your way to Bisbee and/or Tombstone. Parking in front of the restaurant, very cozy, clean and friendly. Feels like sitting in grandmothers livingroom. 1A superb homestyle cooking with lots of variety and fair prices for what you get. Must try a Hefeweizen from Bavaria with your plate. Even my wife, who eats like a humingbird, vanished her plate.
Forget yelp.com comments, as this is not a serious independent site.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank gerdr399
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Food, Dated Interior”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The beef rouladen I ordered was outstanding. It was served with generous portions of cabbage & warm potato salad, YUM!

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They Can't Do Much Better”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

What a treat in the Southeastern Corner of Arizona!! While very small, and next to a hole-in-the-wall bar, the food was absolutely terrific. And the prices are very reasonable, compared to other "theme" restaurants. I would absolutely recommend this place for an authentic German dinner, whether Schnitzel, Bratwurst, Potato Salad, or German Chocolate Cake for desert. You won't go wrong.

• Visited November 2013
Mobile, Alabama
“Real German Food and Beer”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have lived in Germany for 5 years, courtesy of the U.S. Army. I left Germany in August 1989 and I really miss the food. Over 20 years and no German food. I had to do something about that. I thought about New Braunfels and Fredericksburg, both near San Antonio. Well, me and four other guys took a trip to Sierra Vista and we found the "The German Cafe" Three of us had been to German and we know how German food and beer taste. The place was kind was hard to find as it is not on the main road. We check it out and was happy to find a lady that spoke with a German ascent. It is a small place, but the food and beer was great. The Schnitzel Wieners was great and so was the Currywurst. I also had the Hungarian goulash soup, awesome. The German beer was just like being in Germany. I will go out of my way to get to this cafe again.

• Visited October 2013