“go with seafood and dessert”
Review of The Outside Inn

The Outside Inn
Ranked #6 of 133 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant with a casual atmosphere. Open Tuesday- Saturday 11AM-2PM Lunch Service & Dinner Service 4PM-9PM Sunday Brunch 9AM-2PM Closed Mondays Kid Friendly Atmosphere
Arizona
“go with seafood and dessert”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

The food does seem to be a bit overpriced for the quality. They do seafood very well. However, we had six at our table and both chicken dishes were very dry and the steaks were overcooked. The filet mignon and stuffed lobster were good. We also very much loved the cheese and fruit platter. Our favorite part of the evening was the amazing flourless chocolate torte, that definitely made the trip worth it. We will be going back for the torte. It was absolutely amazing!!

giorgio72
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ridiculous”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Heard all the "hubbub" and decided to give it a try. Ambiance is OK, they do try, though it has the acoustics of a locker room and the decor of a Motel 6 lobby.

"European flair"? Only way to say that is if one has not spent much (any?) time in Europe. "Formal"? Yes, in comparison to WalMart, it IS formal. T-shirts and ball caps readily visible. "Nouveau"? Yes, if by nouveau one means plain and poorly made. There is nothing new or special about it.

Started with a salad. The cheapest most taste free lettuce and smattering of cheap veggies with a nearly undigestible Roquefort dressing...tasting it hours later. The main course was supposed to be fish and chips and my wife had salmon patties.

The fish and chips were so obviously frozen that I expected a white bearded guy in a yellow rain suit to come out any second touting the merits (or lack thereof) of Morton's! You know, where all three are the exact same fake shape with a 1/4" of impossibly smooth-textured fake batter covering them. Could not even eat half of one fish "fillet". Too much energy apparently to use fresh frozen fish and a home made batter and it is a pipe dream to expect fresh fish.

The fries were quite likely frozen, but then so are McDonald's fries. Unlike here, Ol' Ronald at least can make fries decently and believe me I am no fan!

The salmon patties were so obviously canned salmon (similar to what I sometimes feed my cats) which is easy to discern by the texture and readily differentiated from the irregular texture of true hand made as to be laughable. And you cannot use small frozen fresh fillets of salmon to make your patties?!

The fact people think it is good demonstrates a few things: a) Sierra Vista has a total of zero higher quality restaurants; b) these reviewers are not accustomed to genuine 4 or 5 star (or even true 3 star) food and a drive past the always full fast food joints and poor "mom and pop" joints prove the citizenry are not very particular; and, c) oh heck, I lack the proper negative hyperbole for a third.

Sadly, there are not even any alternatives to suggest. Adobe Inn used to be suprisingly good food though the serving staff was a bit undertrained despite making big efforts. The chef and kitchen staff were really something.

1 Thank giorgio72
arkansas
“Our choice when we are in the area”
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We have been in this area at least 5 times while traveling and when possible eaten at the Outside Inn. We have celebrated 2 anniversaries there and 2 "almost" anniversaries. The food and wine are exquisite. We will definitely be back.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Save your money- go to Carl's Jr or anywhere else”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Twenty minutes after our reservation time, we were seated. It was OK, though, because I was given a glass of luke-warm, mediocre cabernet while I waited. I wish I had gotten the house salad because the cream of broccoli soup tasted remarkably like broccoli without actually having any pieces of broccoli in it. My scallops were very tasty, but my husband's 5 oz filet, which he ordered medium rare, was just on the well side of over-well done. I would have sent it back to the kitchen had the waitress asked us once how the meal was. We asked for a to-go box, however, so that we could take what I assumed to be filet home to the dog...for the record, he gobbled it right up. The waitress icily gave us our check, and we were happy to have crossed that one off the list. Be warned--go ahead and cross it off. you don't actually need to go there.

AZ
“Great Service and lovely food!”
Reviewed December 19, 2009

We had our office Christmas party at the Outside Inn earlier this week. Our servers Alex and Reina were fantastic! They were both very attentive and took great care of us. they made the evening one that we will always remember. The food was excellent and the wine list was very nice. Thank you for the memorable party!