“Not good at all”

Ranked #6 of 133 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant with a casual atmosphere. Open Tuesday- Saturday 11AM-2PM Lunch Service & Dinner Service 4PM-9PM Sunday Brunch 9AM-2PM Closed Mondays Kid Friendly Atmosphere
Sierra Vista Az
“Not good at all”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Me and my husband went there for a special night out, we had heard good things about it. Well if you love your food to taste plain then this is the palce for you. The food tasted as if the just boiled all of it in water with no favor added. I am very willing to pay for a good meal but the prices at this resurant is crazy for how bad the food is.

Sierra Vista, Az
“A New Menu!”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I noticed on my las trip that the menu has changed after many years. As the last review noted, the Bourbon Ancho Black Bean Salsa Chicken Breast is a new entree. There are many interesting dishes. My two older chlldren and I agreed that we would need to come back to try them all. I won't go into detail on everything we tried; but, the seafood crepe is large and TO DIE FOR!

1 Thank localSierraVista_AZ
Tempe AZ
“Fine Dining in a town where you would least expect it”
Reviewed May 7, 2009

On previous trips to Sierra Vista, I’d heard about ‘The Outside Inn”. But, they were always so busy it was impossible to get a table. On May 2, we thought we’d try again. Amazingly, there were open tables. Cozy place, with linen table cloths and napkins, candles and jazz playing quietly in the background. This privately-owned restaurant offers a menu full of what I consider Nouveau Cuisine with a Southwestern flair.
They have a nice wine list with a selection of “Reserve’ bottles. The list of appetizers was tantalizing, but I decided to try just an entrée. This came with a choice of soup or salad. I selected the salad with a house dressing. Ingredients were fresh. The dressing: oil & vinegar with blue cheese bits was delectable. My dining companion had the Chowder and found it delicious. I selected Pecan-Crusted Scallops baked in a mustard sauce. The dish arrived beautifully set up with the scallops arranged on a bed of onion and garlic Risotto and grilled asparagus spears laid out above. The scallops were well prepared and not overdone. The Risotto was wonderful: light and fluffy tossed with the herbs and onion. The other dish we tried was a Southwestern themed chicken dish. Chicken breast served on Roasted Sweet Bell Pepper Risotto with an Ancho Bourbon Black Bean salsa and finished with a sweet corn jalapeno crema.. Again, the Risotto stole the show.
They have a nice dessert tray. We really wanted the Bread Pudding, but they ran out before we were ready to order. We tried the apple strudel. Their effort to serve it warm with ice cream didn’t work out exactly right because microwaving affected the quality of the pastry. Still enjoyable but not something I’d seek out again. Overall, we found the staff accommodating and the menu selections inviting. We look forward to another trip. This time we plan to sample several of the appetizers.

1 Thank azshay
Sierra Vista
“Not so great”
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Food is very expensive and not all that great. Service is even worse

Florida
“Bad experiences”
Reviewed March 6, 2008

The first time my husband and I tried to eat there we were ignored by the staff. Plenty of people walking by, but no one would seat us or talk to us. The second time, we tried to eat there with friends and were told by the staff that they were closed even though the "open" sign was on and it was before nine o'clock. The third time we went to Outside Inn we were finally given a table! The menu looked great. We were very excited until the food arrived. I asked for a vegetarian crepe that was paired with a salad. The crepe was mediocre at best and the salad had bacon on it. I politely informed the waitress about the meat on my salad and she quickly took it away. After about thirty minutes and having finished my crepe, I told the waitress not to worry about bringing another salad. She actually said, " Were you expecting another salad? The salad had meat on it." It was unusual because they still charged me for a salad that they did not provide. Needless to say, we now go to Adobe Restaurant, which is a less than a minute away from the Outside Inn.

2 Thank Meme111Florida