“AMAZING meal!”

Ranked #3 of 133 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant with a casual atmosphere. Open Tuesday- Saturday 11AM-2PM Lunch Service & Dinner Service 4PM-9PM Sunday Brunch 9AM-2PM Closed Mondays Kid Friendly Atmosphere
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I LOVE this restaurant. I don't go often because it is a little pricey, but if you want some wonderful food, even seafood, THIS is the place to go. Even in this land-locked state, I had the macadamia nut-encrusted mahi mahi set atop red pepper risotto. YUM YUM AMAZING! Every bite was perfection. I took home the leftovers and even in reheat every bite was STILL perfection. The appetizers I tasted were wonderful, and the dessert selection is to DIE for. Definitely worth the splurge now and again! My only two comments that are less than exemplary for this place is first, their wine prices are a little high but still, the food is worth it. Secondly, last time I had their twice-baked potato it was NOT nice. That was a few years ago, though, so perhaps they have upgraded that recently. I love the ambiance of this quaint restaurant and I can't praise this place enough. Don't miss it if you're in town!!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2010

We flew our plane into Sierra Vista to see the caverns spending two nights in town. We were disappointed at other restaurants in town but Outside Inn was outstanding. Only thing better than the food was the service. Quiet place with and homelike feel and a fireplace in the corner. Appetizer though desert, very good. Nice wine list too.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Heard others talk about this place so a group of us decided to give it a try. As soon as you walk in you feel like you are walking into an old shack or house that was converted into a restaurant. The acoustics are so bad that you have to speak about 5 octaves higher then you would in any other restaurant just to be heard. It echoes so bad makes you feel like you are in a warehouse or a locker room. The decor reminded us of an old bed and breakfast form the forties.

From the time we ordered or meal it took almost 30 minutes until all of us had our soup or salad. Really? It is soup or salad so why does it take that long to get it to the table? Once we all finished the soup or salad we still had to wait almost an hour to get our main dish and again they brought it to our table 2 or 3 plates at a time. I can’t believe that it took over an hour to get us our main course.

My main course was supposed to be the seafood special with an 8oz lobster tail, shrimp and scallops. What I received was half a lobster tail, 3 shrimp and 3 scallops. Hardly close to what I was expecting for the price. Speaking about the price each meal was priced at least twice the amount of what you would expect to pay for the amount and quality of food they deliver.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

A small family owned place where the quality of food is always fresh and excellent. The chef tries new soups and specials so as to create variety. Desserts are homemade and wonderful--although they vary as well. One secret--if you want a real lunch, including fresh seafood, complete with soup or salad for $10 this is the place!

(Note one reviewer stated there were only 7 tables. They were obviously referring to the front dining area--there is a back room of full of tables.)

1  Thank Finediner17
Reviewed June 12, 2010

The last time we ate here several years ago, it wasn't a good experience. But since then, I've heard some good things about the place. So hubby and I decided to celebrate our anniversary here last night. We had reservations and arrived a little early but we were seated right away.

First off, the dining room consists of just 7 tables. They probably could fit a few more in but then, it would be impossible to have a private conversation with your dinner partner. I appreciate that the restaurant gives their guests personal space.

Both our wines arrived a little warm. My pinot grigio would have been better if it had been chilled slightly. My husband's merlot needed to breathe a little more too.

My house salad with the bleu cheese vinaigrette was more than enough for one serving. I liked it except for the shredded radishes. Since they were shredded, it was difficult to separate them from the salad. I didn't finish an otherwise good salad. My husband's caesar salad was also more than enough for one person.

Our entrees arrived within 20 minutes of ordering then. My pecan spiced scallops were cooked perfectly and simply delicious. The risotto was also cooked perfectly but the broccoli was a little underdone and flavorless. My husband ordered the surf and turf. It's a huge meal and after the big salad he had, he couldn't finish it all. The lobster was sweet and cooked exactly right while the steak filet was cooked medium rare the way he likes it. This was a truly delicious and enjoyable meal.

We ordered the chocolate mousse to share. It was a little disappointing. It didn't have a strong chocolate flavor that I like in a mousse. The whipped cream tasted artificial and had a slightly grainy texture. I didn't finish it.

Service was pleasant and efficient. Our waitress was helpful with questions and seemed knowledgeable about the menu and wines. When she gave us our check, she also asked us to fill out a small journal about our dining experience. In looking through it, I read some of the mostly positive experiences of other diners. It's the first time we've ever been asked to do that in a restaurant before.

Our total dinner bill came to a little over $80. We didn't order an appetizer, we shared dessert and we only had one glass of wine each. I think the prices are appropriate for the service and food that we got. We enjoyed the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of the restaurant and had a really nice anniversary dinner. We will definitely come back.