“Denny's is better...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Landmark Cafe
Ranked #20 of 132 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Denny's is better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

...that's what I told my husband after having breakfast there this morning. The bacon was fine. The eggs and french toast were bland. Refills were non-existent.

Twice in the last three times eating at Landmark Cafe, I left thinking I could've made better at home. The first of those times was a chicken fried steak dinner. Both the green beans and the chicken fried steak were from frozen. I suspect they did make the dinner roll, because it wasn't very good. After that night, I swore off ever eating there again.

Obviously, I didn't hold to that. I had lunch at Landmark several months ago. The sandwich and fries were good. I had no complaints. They did redecorate about 18 months ago. I wish they had put some of that money into getting new booths. Very uncomfortable corner booth today.

Then there was breakfast this morning; I'd heard they were a good breakfast place. I can't imagine why they have that reputation. For that matter, I'm not even sure how they are still in business. I've tried to like this restaurant, but failed.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

North Carolina
“Food is ok, great atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

Well, the clowns are ALL GONE so the coulrophobics can relax. The atmosphere at The Landmark Cafe now feels more like a homey and comfy diner. You often just seat yourself when you walk in and you never have to wait for service. The menu has a lot of variety. It's a great place for breakfast and lunch. The food is just ok, pretty average and sometimes it tastes like a beginner cooked it, but it arrives quickly and you get plenty of it.

Every time I've eaten at LMC it's always full of people and there's a constant stream of people going in and out. There's a nice patio outside. I ate breakfast there this morning and Toastmaster's was having their weekly breakfast meeting so the restaurant was busy but service didn't suffer and food quality was like it always was.

Parking can be a pain. The restaurant is located among many business offices and parking is really limited esp during the early breakfast hours and the lunch rush. If you like diner food and enjoy a relaxed atmosphere where you can have good conversation, the Landmark Cafe is worth a try.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Lunch time Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2010

Visited our brother in Sierra Vista for a few days.
He took us on a great tour of the city and surrounding area. One of the more pleasant stops was the Landmark Cafe! Great food and friendly service. Very clean and bright atmosphere. We'd certainly visit again

Alyx / Ashland OH

Sierra Vista, AZ
“Great home cooked food and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

For those who have been avoiding the Landmark Cafe because of the clowns - they have now gone.
Instead, the restaurant has taken on a historic theme and now features wonderful photographs of old Sierra Vista.
A fresh coat of paint has also brought a new lease of life to this Sierra Vista favorite.
The Landmark's menu offers great home cooked food - especially the burgers and the breakfasts.
This is a great community restaurant which offers so much more than the usual chain restaurants.

1 Thank charlett
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I miss the clowns - they're gone!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

For all you clown haters, the clowns are gone. I always thought they added a unique local touch.
I discovered the Landmark shortly after I moved to Sierra Vista in 1993, and quickly became a regular. The food is always fresh - the health dept ratings are usually "excellent" so you know the place is clean! Prices are reasonable to cheap (nothing's cheap these days!) and servings are always generous. This is my idea of "American home cooking" and I always send or take visitors there. The owner and her employees are friendly and welcoming. For people who support "shop local" efforts, this place can't be missed! Even my vegetarian son prefers to eat here. There are theme nights - ribs, German night and fish fry most weeks, and breakfast is served all day. There's free live music from local musicians on Thursday & Friday nights, and special performances on occasion. The owner is community minded and hosts all you can eat pancake breakfasts and spaghetti dinners for local charities. Now they even offer free Wi-Fi! Locals and visitors can always find something to like about this wonderful place. My faves: home made potato chips, home made french fried, home made sweet potato fries, homemmade chili. Support your local cafe!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles