“Excellent in alll ways”
Review of Mesquite Tree Restaurant - CLOSED

Mesquite Tree Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
sierra vista
“Excellent in alll ways”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

(The photo on this page is NOT showing the Mesquite Tree restaurant!)
Our group of ten ate at the Mesquite Tree last night (12/20/12) and we could NOT have had a more satisfying experience! They smoothly accommodated a larger-than-expected number of us, and the server Nicole was present and efficient all evening long. We would recommend this restaurant to all!

• Visited December 2012

Bamberg, Germany
“Best place in Sierra Visita to eat”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Not sure why people have had problems here. Our server Andrea was great. Our food came out quick and was well prepared. I had the filet and my wife had the ribs and prime rib. By far the food is better than any of the chain restaurant, and service was impeccable. This is our new favorite place.

San Diego, California
“Almost perfect filet mignon”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Meats were excellent, as was the service. Only filet I've had
better was in Montana. Reasonably priced.

Visited August 2012
Box Elder, South Dakota
“Great Steak”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This has been a favorite of my husband's for years as he traveled through Sierra Vista. Always good food. Rustic, nothing fancy but good food.

Visited October 2012
arizona
“Owner/manager a boor”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Until Friday night, dining at the Mesquite Tree has always been an enjoyable experience. Scott and I have eaten there 3-4 times a year for the past 20 years, since we moved out to Hereford as we enjoyed the food and atmosphere. However, on Oct. 12, we had a completely different experience.
Since it was a Friday, we made a reservation. Since we had a coupon for a half-price dinner with the purchase of a dinner at regular price, we ordered an appetizer, which came with the salad and bread. Our waitress had exactly two tables to wait on, one of which was ours. Another couple came in afterwards. She knew the other couple, and started a conversation with them. My husband, who was ready for his dinner, began timing the chit-chat. She spent 17 minutes talking to them rather than getting our dinner and THEN talking to them,
Conversation over, she came back and asked us if we wanted drink refills. My husband said “Our dinner would be nice.” She could tell he was not too happy.
She brought the dinner, which had obviously sat out for a while. It was warm, but not hot. My husband sent his back. I said I’d keep mine.
When she returned, the owner, or manager, came back with her. He gave my husband a hard time, saying he’d checked the internal temperature of the meat and it was 120 degrees but when Scott went to cut it, the meat was not warm. Scott started to tell him we’d been coming to the restaurant for 20 years. The owner/manager said, “No you haven’t; I have never seen you here before. What was the name of the previous owner?” He also accused us of “abusing his staff,” which we had not done, short of making a comment about getting our dinner. Both tempers were flaring. I could tell the man was going to kick us out, so I said “We are leaving,” and we left. I will never go back while the restaurant is under its current ownership.
I am very saddened over the incident, but we pass by the restaurant every night on the way home from work, and business has definitely dropped off. I can see why. Now, thanks to this boor - someone without any customer service skills - we can no longer enjoy a restaurant with atmosphere and food we’ve loved for many years and as if it was our fault for wanting warm food served in a timely manner by a person being paid to do the serving but who spent too much time visiting. Had she taken care of us BEFORE she started socializing, the experience would have been entirely different.

• Visited October 2012