“A wonderful visit”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sierra Vista
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed in the Fairfield Suites recently and, like another reviewer of this hotel, think it should be higher rated. We had previously stayed at the Garden Place Suites which was the top-rated hotel in Sierra Vista but backs up to the busiest highway in town and is across the street from a Pay Day Loan shop and around the corner from a tattoo parlor. If you are working at Fort Huachuca, it is very convenient but if not, there is nothing else around.

The Fairfield Suites is across the parking lot from the Sierra Vista Mall which, if you are traveling with someone who has business in town and their spouse doesn’t, gives the spouse a chance to walk across the parking lot and go shopping or to a movie.

In addition, the hotel appears quite new and is nicely decorated. The rooms are nicely appointed and the beds are comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were quieter than the Garden Place Suites with much less road noise. A continental breakfast was furnished.

The next time we are in Sierra Vista, we will definitely stay at the Fairfield Suites.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 5, 2012

NEVER a single negative comment about the accomodations, professionalism or level of service at either Marriott property in Sierra Vista. They (Marriott staff and management) have definitely raised the bar in Sierra Vista! I use them often and regularly.

Having a unique situation to attend to, Tito at the front desk was able to act quickly and without hesitation go above and beyond in providing exceptional customer service and exceeding expectations to save my day! Although this was not his emergency, rather mine, he took it as his own...His customer and client interaction today as we experienced resulted in exceptional outcomes...definitely a sign of excellent management and leadership at both Marriott properties.

I highly recommend them. Gr8 central location, too.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kinjockity
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The property is clearly on the "newer" side - with an appealing modern lobby, decorated in light woodsy tones, and greenish /blue hues. It was a welcome surrounding after almost 7 hrs of flying and just about 2 hrs of driving.

I'm a long-time Marriott customer and , yes, I know what I want from my hotel. So while I was pleased with the surroundings of the large lobby, I was non too pleased  with the fact that my reservation somehow did not reflect my preference of a king-sized room, on a high floor, and definitely away from the elevator.  A reservation which was made over two weeks ago. I guess my displeasure was very clearly captured on my face.  I must say the lady at the front desk ( I simply cannot refer to her as a "clerk ") went all out to help resolve the problem, even though she first advised the property was  completely sold out. Yes, I'm a platinum member, and I was "this-close" to pulling rank, but she came up with a solution, and literally saved me from the night of elevator ding-dong and insomnia.

The breakfast was the usual fare, but very often replenished: the hotel was full of military personnel: hungry soldiers in need of "fuel" before heading off to the military base. The staff was pleasant, helpful and efficient.

Enjoy your stay here....  For those who plan to stay longer than overnight, literally across the parking lot is the Sierra Valley mall, with Dillard's and other shops. And I'm told there is an art gallery /exhibit inside the mall, which includes local artists' work. Unfortunately, I arrived after the mall closed, and left way before it reopened. So no luck. But maybe you will find the time to check it out.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FRWL
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Fairfield Inn & Suites as part of a Road Scholar (formerly Elderhostel) birding adventure in Southern AZ. Our room and bathroom were spotless, with a good shower, the mattress was comfortable, and we had no complaints about this facility at all. The breakfast service was better than many budget hotels and there was plenty of choice. The management was friendly and helpful and the hotel was centrally located next to a shopping center. We would definitely return to this hotel if we find ourselves in the Sierra Vista area in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaneandPaul
Reviewed December 21, 2011

The Front desk clerk was very helpful. Wonderful hotel and beautifully maintained! Best Hotel I've stayed at!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristi N
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel was just what I needed- a nice clean hotel with a friendly and helpful staff. It is a good loaction with a few restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again. Nice pool area!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JacksonEli
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This hotel was nice. The rooms were small but clean, quiet and comfortable. It had a nice pool. The breakfast bar was a bonus. It had a good variety of foods and was well maintained. Close to the mall and restaurants. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family