“Yum”

Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yum”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We have been to this Applebees twice. The first time we were disappointed with the food, but it was a long time ago so we decided to come back and try it again. We were really glad that we did. The food was so good and they prepared my steak perfectly. It has been difficult to find a place in town that can make me happy with my steak and Applebees got it right. We also went on a super busy day. The waitress was really attentive as well.

• Visited May 2012

Lewisville, Texas
“Getting better”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Service was average, food is getting better, will give them a try again.

• Visited April 2012
Arizona
“Average”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Applebees is average - the prices are pretty good but the food is only fair. I have eaten here several times and so far, they have never cooked my steak to a proper medium rare.. they are always overcooked to medium well which ruins the taste. Service is pretty good though and the atmosphere is friendly and comfortable.

• Visited April 2012
Green Valley, Arizona
“He tried hard”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Our waiter Steve greeted each member of our party with enthusiasm and kept up his humorous patter during the meal. Happy hour pricing of 1/2 off on all drinks was a treat; but the bloody mary's were really watered down as the large goblet was full of ice. My husband was surprisingly delighted by the very tender bourbon sirloin steak, but overwhelmed by the large amount of broccoli. The plates of Fish and chips and French dip slider were also wiped clean. The chicken salads only came in full sized portion which were huge, but heard no complaints. I on the other had was very disappointed with my shrimp and spinach salad. Knowing from previous experience the orders were huge, I ordered a half size. Though not as large as the full sized plates on the table, I had to hunt through a mound of spinach to find six small shrimp. After remarking to the waiter, that I was disappointed in the amount of shrimp, he commented, a half-size order has seven shrimp, but promptly brought me my missing shrimp. It was too late for him to do anything about the huge chunks of red onion that I found in my salad. Later the evening's manager came by asked about the service. I commented service has been great, but was disappointed in the amount of shrimp. And he brought me five more freshly cooked shrimp; appreciated the effort, but they were again very small shrimp.
As we got ready to leave, Steve had a unique method of splitting the bill for the seven of us; again with a touch of humor tried to match up the couples - as the table was split with women on one side and men on the opposite. Would we go back, yes.

• Visited February 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Typical Applebee's - average at best.”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The store was mostly full. The wait staff was busy. Service was good. Food not very good. Went there because my three kids wanted to stop there after a long day in the car. I ordered a slab of ribs, they went back because they were cold. When they came back, they were ok, but the fries were cold and nasty. The only good part of the meal was the cole slaw. The kids food was good. No issues. Next trip to Sierra Vista, we will eat elsewhere as there are better choices in town.

• Visited January 2012