Lazy Dog Ranch
Sierra Suites(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
$74
$129
Fairfield Inn
Garden Place Suites(Sierra Vista)
$100
$94
Gateway Studio Suites(Sierra Vista)
$85
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
$89
$99
$95
HIExpress.com
Sierra Vista Extended Stay(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
$50
$49
Days Inn Sierra Vista(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
$59
Travelocity
Comfort Inn & Suites(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Agoda.com
All reviewsgoatb bsan pedro riverfriendly dogsbeautiful naturewonderful hostsgreat place to unwindunique propertyevery morningghost townsa great staymichaelcasitamulearizonabisbeeroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Lazy Dog Ranch May 21,22 and 23rd and are we ever glad we did. Found this gem on Trip Advisor, as we were looking for a place to stay around the Tombstone area.
When I called to make our reservation Michael recommended the Casita which was perfect for us. Cathy and Michael made us feel exceptionally welcome but the highlight for me were the three beautiful dogs. I had been missing my Golden when I arrived and it was wonderful to have a “dog fix” mid vacation. They are beautifully mannered and I’m sure Cathy was biting her tongue as I would invite Zorra into our room. Apparently she isn’t allowed into the guest’s rooms but she was much too hard to resist.
I should also mention that our breakfasts were wonderful. Fresh warm baking every morning along with a great selection of other morning fare. It was the best breakfast we had in our our entire Arizona road trip.
Lastly I’d like to say the Irish coffee and conversation around the firepit on our last night were also a very nice treat.
Thank you Cathy and Michael for a lovely place to stay and give Zorra, Mack and Thor a big hug from me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Spectacular setting with the San Pedro River a step away and available for exploring. Birders will be rewarded at every turn and dogs are welcomed as family.My dog Bobby was right at home with the gentle resident dogs. Charming hosts and great hospitality in a relaxed atmosphere. Accommodations are spacious and comfortable. Fresh baked goodies each morning and the evening around the firepit was a cozy end to the day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my overnight stay at the Lazy Dog Ranch. The casita was equipped with everything you could need. Ours had a small kitchen , two bedrooms, bath and laundry room. We enjoyed the resident dogs, horse, donkeys and goat as well as the many varieties of birds. There's a cup of Irish coffee around the fire pit at night and a delicious breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I picked this BnB from TripAdvisor, making this decision based on the reviews and the accommodation’s website. My husband and I made a reservation at Lazy Dog Ranch for 2 nights in late March. Within an hour after we arrived, we extended our stay for 2 nights because what more would we hope for in moving on to some other accommodation?

We stayed in the Casita which is a separate unit that is spacious and comfortably furnished. It has an outside sitting area for the casita in the front that is part of the larger patio and pool area. We greatly enjoyed visiting with the hosts and other guests every evening around the fire pit.

I thought Cathy did a perfect job on the fabulous breakfasts. She had a fresh baked thing every morning, along with yogurt, fruit salad, eggs, an extensive array of breads and cereals, fresh juice and plentiful coffee. (I’m sure I’m missing a few other food items.) The breakfast is served in a sunny and fascinating breakfast room decorated with things from all over the world.

Although the Lazy Dog is a bit away from the nearest town of Sierra Vista, it is an easy and quick drive into town. There are many things to do in the larger area to fill up the day with activities.

The Lazy Dog comes with 3 large and friendly dogs, as well as an assortment of other farm and ranch animals. The hosts, Cathy and Michael, could not be better suited to being BnB proprietors. It was such a pleasure to meet them and spend time talking.

If you are looking for a place to stay in this part of Arizona, you couldn’t find a more amenable place!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you want a quiet retreat along side a southwestern river with fantastic birding- this is a place for you. They are very pet friendly and their dogs are friendly. The owners are great people. The bed in the casita was way too soft for us. Also, the breakfast was so-so: cereal, chopped fruit, instant oatmeal. You will have to drive into Sierra Vista to grab dinner- about a 15-20 minute drive but their are mostly chain restaurants.

Room Tip: The casita had a soft king bed along with a firmer single bed. don't know what the other room is like.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph B
Cathy and Micha... M, Owner at Lazy Dog Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your perspective, however we were disappointed as well as surprised by your comments regarding breakfast. Perhaps you simply forgot that in addition to cereal and fruit, your breakfast included homemade banana bread, eggs from the neighbor's chickens, assorted bagels, muffins and toast, fresh squeezed orange juice and yogurt. Instant oatmeal was at your request. We regret that you felt let down by your meal.