“Glad we stayed......” 5 of 5 bubbles

Manda Le
Ranked #68 of 132 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“Glad we stayed......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Well after waiting almost 5 minutes for anyone to acknowledge us waiting to be seated; my wife and I almost walked out. I even asked my wife as the lady walked up if she wanted to stay. Well, good intuition on my wife's part when she said yes. We got a combo appetizer (beef stick, chicken stick, meatballs, cheese crisp, eggroll and one mini burger). This could have almost been a meal to split. In fact when our meals came we were already content and only nibbled on our actual meals. What we did eat of our meals (chicken parmesan and beef tip & noodles), they were fantastic!
The prices were very reasonable for the amount of food you get too. We plan to return on a Wednesday night for their Prime Rib supper.
The server was very attentive. She was friendly and kept our drinks full.
Give them a try! I have a feeling you won't be disappointed.

Thank R. Thomas A

Benson, Arizona
“Enjoyable Evening/Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I went to this restaurant with friends I am pretty sure on a Wednesday night, the band" Partners" who are very good play on Wednesday's, they have a crowd of dancers who are fun to watch...we ordered the special for the night, A prime rib dinner. Salad wasn't included in the special price that night but our waitress gave the three of us one at no extra charge. The prime rib was a bit over done but non the less it was good and an enjoyable evening. Would I go back? Yes...

• Visited June 2014
Arizona
“Expected more but still interesting for SV”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

At first, you walk in to an area that seems like it should have a greeter or a host, but it does not. You walk into a mini dance floor and tables, right by a bar. After a couple of minutes someone came along and seated us in a little area that was raised over the bar. There are a lot of flat screens throughout the restaurant, and many above the bar. Red table cloths on the tables and there are some nice looking booths that line the windows. The atmosphere seemed very casual. Music played but not loudly, the lighting seemed perfect.

Our waiter did not seem to know the menu too well and needed to have things repeated often. He seemed friendly and his service was very attentive throughout our experience. He did bring the check and take out boxes as we were still eating, though he was very friendly and did not make us feel rushed.

The drinks are large. We actually were not given an option for size and were unaware they came smaller. The long island iced tea is one of the better in SV. The right amount of alcohol and not watered down. The strawberry colada tasted like a shake. The presentation was very appealing as well, loaded with fruit and whipped cream, I could not believe this was not a dessert.

We ordered the sampler platter, the slider seemed to not fit in, being a single one on a tray that had multiples of other items. It was not very impressive. Not much flavor and the patty was dry. The quesadillas, while very cheesy, was nothing I would expect getting in a restaurant. We should of ordered the larger order of spring rolls, as they were very good, just like I had heard. The meatballs were interesting and the meats on the skewers were absolutely delicious. The appetizers were served on a beat up leaf of lettuce.

The nachos are rather large and tasty. Nothing amazing, but not a disappointment. The house salad would be typical if not for the crispy strips on top. The secret dressing was ordered for the house salad and it seemed like a sweet Asian sesame sauce. Very thick and a generous portion of sauce. The salad was served on plastic textured plates.

My main reason for choosing this place: the scallops with risotto. Though a little while after ordering our entrees, well after the appetizer had come out and been devoured, I was informed the manager had told him there was no risotto. My choices for substitution was a baked potato, rice or fries. None sounded appealing but I settled on the fries. It took away from the presentation of the meal. The fries were thicker cut and very bland. The scallops seemed a little undercooked but they were still edible and delicious with the sauce. The sauce saved the dish. The carrots and broccoli that accompanied the dish were severely undercooked. I would of thought they were meant to be served raw but they were warm when they came out.

Prime rib was very fatty but decent enough and the sauce was right on. The chicken and salmon were cooked perfect though the salmon could of used a little more seasoning. The rice pilaf was nothing spectacular but was not horrible.

For the area, I gave the rating of "very good" though missing dishes is enough to be solid three in general.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank utopianidealist
Tucson, Arizona
“Absolute worst restaurant experience in a long, long time.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Main complaint is total lack of service. After being seated, we had to flag down a waitress (Lori)for drinks. After being brought water, we waited nearly 15 minutes before flagging down another waiter to say we were ready to order. No one even glanced our way. The food was mediocre at best. The menu is HUGE featuring Asian, Mexican, Italian, and American food. Way too much to do anything properly. Trying to get the waitress's attention to pay the bill was another ordeal. This place is nothing but a very noisy bar with poor service, so-so food, and little atmosphere. Skip it. There are far better places in Sierra Vista.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jim r
Mesa, Arizona
“Love This Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was only my second visit to Sierra Vista, but I am so glad I was referred to this
restaurant for dinner. Their extensive menu provided MANY, MANY choices of cuisine to select from, with very reasonable prices. The service was PROMPT and COURTEOUS, and the meal was delicious! I will dine at Manda Le my next trip to Sierra Vist as well!

• Visited October 2013