“Good food with hair included and so-so server”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Manda Le

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Manda Le
Ranked #67 of 132 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
San Diego, CA
“Good food with hair included and so-so server”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

We were travelling through Arizona and met with a friend we had not seen for a while. She was told this restaraunt was the best in Sierra Vista so we met her there.

When we went in there seemed to be a karaoke contest or show going on so it was a bit noisy.

The waitress had difficulties with the English language. I am bilingual and bi-cultural so I have no problems with diversity in our environment but I firmly believe that people that have direct client contact ought to speak the language for ease of communication.

When I unrolled the flatware from the cloth napkin there was a hair on the napkin. I decided not to make a big deal of it and let it ruin the evening so I simply scraped it off and onto the floor.

We were seated at a four-place table. I was on one side, my wife next to me and our friend in front of my wife. When the food arrived the waitress set my wife's and our friend's food directly in front of them. Then she took my plate reached across the table in between them and held it in front of me saying "Here." I took the plate from her and set it down. This may seem picky on my part but this is a restaurant charging $15-$20 per entree. At that price the service ought to be much better.

I had chicken Caesar salad which was tasty. The breast of chicken was cooked well and still tender and juicy. The dressing was tasty without an overpowering anchovy taste as some tend to have,. Unfortunately when I got toward the bottom I found another hair. Since this one was IN the food I stopped eating and when the waitress returned I pointed it out to her. She took the plate away and later told us the manager had deducted the price from the bill. A reasonable adjustment for the small mishap.

Again, at some restaurants I might tolerate this and simply stop eating but at the prices they charge this is not tolerable. If this is the best Sierra Vista has to offer I would hesitate to eat any place else.

• Visited December 2011

Destin, Florida
“Consistently wonderful fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

Can't beat the menu and prices for this lovely restaurant. Consistently good food, reasonable rates and good entertainment.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank HatesWeeds
Sierra Vista
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

My husband and I have been celebrating anniversaries, birthdays, and Valentines Day at this restaurant since they opened. The restaurant is A++ when it comes to food, décor, and service. The menu has changed since it opened for the best, and so have the prices. At first the food was still great you just got a much smaller portion. Now you need a hardy appetite. The food is defiantly tasteful and at the right price. Our favorite appetizer is the coconut shrimp served with a creamy pineapple sauce. We make every effort to try something different every time we dine. We always leave satisfied and content.

1 Thank Sassycouple
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2009

I visited this restaurant about a month after they opened to celebrate an anniversary with my wife. Initially, I was excited to see that Sierra Vista was finally getting something a little more upscale than what we normally see for dining. Upon entering the restaurant, the decor was elegant and appropriate, and I was genuinely excited to sample the impressive-sounding menu that was displayed outside the main entrance. I ordered a ribeye steak with a cup of squash soup for an appetizer. My wife ordered the mahi mahi and a side salad. Sadly, the side salad was the highlight of the meal. Everything we ate was absolutely bland. I honestly don't think they even used salt and pepper. The steak, fish, and soup had no seasoning whatsoever, and neither did the vegetables served on the side. Now, I don't mind adding my own salt and pepper to my food if I'm eating at Chili's or Applebee's, but if I'm paying over $80 for 2 meals(and 2 glasses of wine), the food should be well seasoned and properly cooked when it arrives at my table. Totally unacceptable.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Upscale Atmosphere But Below Average Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2009

In the past I've visited this restaurant and the food was good but overpriced. The restaurant does have a upscale atmosphere and has a romantic feel. I recently went back and the food is now below average. My food was over cooked and the small portion of meat that was given was very dry.

I also tried the key lime cheese cake and it was so tart I couldn't eat it. I don't know if they have a new Chef but the food was not good at all and at the prices they charge it better be very good to excellent. It's a shame as this place has the look of a very nice restaurant but the food is what really matters.

1 Thank TheDarkTraveler