“This is the ONLY place you want to stay in Sierra Vista.”

Garden Place Suites
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Richmond, Virginia
“This is the ONLY place you want to stay in Sierra Vista.”
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This particular trip was for a graduation at Ft Huachuca and we could not have been more pleased. Aside from all the amenities, I think I was most impressed by the staff. Extremely friendly and helpful, they are always available and work quickly to attend to every request.

Everything in this facility is clean and appears new. The major differences from the other residence type hotels in the area are the amenities of the public areas. Many plush sofas and armchairs throughout the lobby area if you want to visit with a group. The coffee is hot and ready 24 hours a day, as is the fruit basket stocked. Happy hour runs from about 5-8. Popcorn and chips/salsa are free, as is your first glass of beer or wine each day. Just right to unwind or hold you over until dinner.

Breakfast is continental, with the heartiest items being fresh waffles, hard boiled eggs and bagels. Most of the time I find there is not enough seating room for all the diners when breakfast is busy. Not a problem here. I never had to look for a seat.

The pool is typically modest and impeccably maintained. The adjacent whirlpool is a good size. It even includes a lift for the physically impaired, a very nice touch. The tables outside are covered, and a fire pit is there too. We found eating breakfast outside to be very enjoyable.

The room is ample size and quite comfortable for two adults. I love having a separate sitting area, so I don't feel like I am stuck in the room. More drawer space than I am used to getting. I would honestly say if you had three adults or older kids for an extended stay, it might be a bit tight. The room type is only king bed/twin sofa bed. I got the sofa bed, and slept well. Included is a microwave, cooktop, and large refrigerator. The internet is quite fast. The room includes a large flat screen TV which can be viewed simultaneously from the bed and sitting area. I fell asleep in the comfy recliner more than once.

The location is the best if you are coming for a graduation or TDY. It is literally outside the main gate of post, and just down the street from all services. If I had to be critical of anything, they probably should have put in more parking spaces. On at least one night, there were none to be had. But the lot next door is just as close and had some.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank slovaktoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sierra Vista
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Thank you Garden Place Suite staff you made my graduation experience an awesome one to remember from beginning to the end. I found a new home away from home. Although I live in Sierra Vista I had family coming from out of town to celebrate with me. I went to several hotels to inquire about hotel accommodations and amenities, when I arrived to inquire and explain what I was looking for my family that would be visiting for my graduation, Dori showed me a tour of the room and grounds after that I knew I had found the place for us.

The lobby was beautiful with the fire place and T.V. I felt right at home, the rooms with all the amenities from home (from dishes, to stove and full size refrigerator) I utilized all of them : ). I feed the whole staff as well as family and friends who came to acknowledge my accomplishment.

This is the place I will refer all my friends and anyone who ask where is a nice place to stay? they take good care of you.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MickeySSierraVista
Desert
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Staryed here for 5 nights in April, 2009. What a pleasant surprise. This appears to be a new property. Maybe in the last year. I've stayed in this town many times over the years, but have never stayed in a property this nice. The rooms were great. Cooking facilities in the room, screaming internet with wi-fi ( I think througout the building). The bar at night was great fun. Lots of great conversation and good drinks. I really liked sitting out by the fire pit at night. Most of the guests were government types. That's ok with me. Everyone was really pleasant and friendly. Fitness center was outstanding for a hotel. Excellant equipment. Breakfast was great variety. This is the best property I have stayed at in Sierra Vista and I've been in 7 maybe 8 of the local hotels. I will try to book here next time I go to SV.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ACPtunnel
Chandler, AZ
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Upon arriving, we welcomed the at-home atmosphere. The entire hotel was in such pristeen condition, and that was what we noticed and stood out in the forefront. Everything was supper clean, neat, with everything in its place. The hospitality was sensational and management is unsurpassed. The rooms were exceptionally clean, great amenities and was very spacious. Very nice exercise room, swimming pool and hot tub. Business accommodations were terrific. Continental breakfast was above average.

We would definitely return to this most impressive hotel. Thanks for taking such pride in your hotel, as it is a knockout and it shows.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 20, 2009

I read the other Trip Advisor reviews and chose to stay here. I was not disappointed. The staff was very accommodating, we got a good rate. In the evening they offered a free drink in their lounge/breakfast area then $1 beers for happy hour. Breakfast was a good assortment of treats (waffles) and healthy options (yogurt and hard boiled eggs;bagels). Very friendly staff. The outdoor pool and whirlpool looked great but we didn't have time to use them. And only staying one night we didn't use the mini kitchen in the room that included a two burner stove,fridge, MW and the equipment necessary to cook! The room itself was nice and clean, pillows were great.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank hikergal3
Reviewed November 4, 2008

GP Suites crushes its competition.

After staying one night at Sierra Suites I knew that I had to find a new place to stay for my three month visit to Sierra Vista. Not to turn this into a slam on Sierra Suites, but man - - that place is scary. It's backed right up against the most dangerous part of town (think heroin addict haven meets bombed out Baghdad... scary place).

I decided to go to the hotel closest to Fort Huachuca, The Garden Place Suites, and explained to them my situation. The staff went out of their way to manipulate their reservation books to find me a place to stay. This was the first of many times the staff went out of their way to accommodate my needs as a guest.

The rooms are fantastic. They come with a LARGE refrigerator, a microwave and range. Pots, pans, and silverware are included. All of this is essential for a long term stay in a hotel and in this case the Garden Place Suites delivers. The beds are comfortable and the in room LG Plasma TV is outstanding.

The housekeeping staff is friendly and thorough. On days when I don't have enough time to clean my dishes I am usually pleased to come home to find that the room has been cleaned and the dishes have been cleaned and dried.

The daily breakfast is fantastic. Bagles, muffins, cereal and fresh waffles are available 7 days a week. Honestly, the breakfast gets old after a few weeks, but short term visitors will find it to be more than satisfying. Moreover, fresh fruit is available in the front lobby 24/7.

As far as the staff goes, they are the most personable staff I have come across in my years of staying in hotels. Veronica, Sue and Dori are a few of the ladies working the front desk that really helped me out on a regular basis.

A note to those making reservations - request a room on the first floor. The vaulted ceilings really open up the space in the room and make it feel twice as big.

GP Suites is by FAR the best hotel available in Sierra Vista.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Phoenix
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I've been waiting for this place to open for several months. Stayed there the second night they were open. Wow...what a place. You've got to see it to believe that a government town could provide a hotel this nice. I did not give an excellent rating only because the bugs are not yet worked out, but when they are, this place will rock. Breakfast is great. Waffles, yougurt, cereal, eggs,,,,,the works. Great coffee. Killer pool which was not yet open and the internet screams. Wi-fi as well as hard wire. Best thing is the big refrigerators in the rooms. Now I can fill up at the commissary. As soon as my contract runs out at the old place I and my buddies are moving in. Per diem is the name of the game.

• Liked — Big screen TV and huge fridge. Great Internet
  • Disliked — Guest Laundry was not up and running
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DeadTired