“Excellent Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gilbert, Arizona
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Hotel is well maintained and the staff is always willing to help make your stay more enjoyable. The hotel is always clean. The hotel is centrally located around small business and excellent restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hi Drose3535! Thank you for taking time to write a review and to share your kind thoughts. I will pass them along to our team at our daily meeting. As you are a return guest, please feel free to share any ideas for improvements that you have, either with me directly or with any member of our team. Travel safe and see you soon in Sierra Vista!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Scott Depot, West Virginia
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have stayed in many Hilton properties in the past 10 years and I have to say that this one provided me with the most personal service of any of them.

To start, I got a call a week before I checked in to see if there was anything they do prior to my arrival. Then I had to call later in the week to let them know a package would arrive for me before I checked in. They assured me that they would take care of it and hold until I arrived.

When I checked in, the clerk went over all the details of the hotel and also what my Hilton Honors status provided me.

Every morning, the breakfast was tasty and mostly very good (my son said that a cup of coffee tasted burnt). This is the worst thing that happened.

The maid service was fantastic. The room was squeaky clean.

Overall, our 3 night stay was excellent. I would highly recommend this property if you were going to stay in Sierra Vista or the surrounding area.

Green Features: They have the if the towel is hanging policy they won't clean it and they abide by that.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello ScotPotWV! Thank you very much for the review and the kind recommendation. My team and I strive to ensure that we provide top-notch service and accommodations, and I know they will enjoy hearing your comments. I also appreciate that you took time to note our linen reuse program as we are working hard to incorporate "green" practices into our daily operations. Please let me know if you have any ideas for us!
san digo ca, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2014

It is in a great location. the rooms are nice. the people are totally nice. over all...GREAT,I had 2 kids in the room and played like kids do and was kind of worried. NO calls to the room. The pool/spa was great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Shava R
Hi Shava R! I appreciate that you took some time to share your experience with us and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do want every guest to feel welcome and at home - my team will be excited to hear that your family visit went well. Travel safe and I hope we see you again!
Alpine, California
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The lady who works in the breakfast room is an absolute jewel. Whatever you guys are paying her, you need to bump it up a bit. When I arrived, breakfast was over but she was singing as she restocked everything. She obviously enjoys her job. She also took very good care of us the following morning at breakfast.

We arrived sooner than expected and we asked for and were given an early check in. THANK YOU! Being able to relax before we took care of business really took the edge off. The reservation was exactly what we asked for.

When I travel, I prefer Hampton Inns because their beds are normally better than others, giving you a "better than home" experience. I didn't get that feeling here, although the bed was of decent quality. It just didn't have the "wow factor."

The shower was a disappointment. It was like the water just kind of fell on you, lacking pressure. It was plenty hot though. The inside handle on the shower door, while not meant to be a safety grip, was loose (reported to maintenance). If someone slipped in that shower, grabbing the door handle would prove to be not a good thing. If memory serves, this was Room 115.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ray H
Hello Ray H! I really appreciate that you took the time to applaud Evelyn for her positive attitude and service. I will pass your kind words along to her directly. I do apologize for the issue you experienced with the water pressure and the shower door and I will ensure that those issues are addressed. Please let me know if you have any other ideas for us - travel safe!
West Dundee, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was not impressed or disgusted. The internet was unusable and the hotel ran out of coffee at breakfast to which they had no solution. I would not stay there again with other options in the area but the hotel is not "bad" per se. Just not a great value for the money with other options available close by.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Christopher K
Hi Christopher K! Thank you for the time you took to write a review - I do apologize for the issue with the coffee at breakfast and I agree that a more prompt solution should have been provided. I already have spoken to my team about that and believe they have a better action plan in place. I do hope that we have an opportunity to regain your confidence!
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel understands what most businesses in the US have forgotten...excellent customer service. I was shocked at the level of service they provide and the positive manner in which they provide it. I highly recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hello Bryan C! Thank you very much for the kind words in your review and I am very happy that our team impressed you with their service! We do want all of our guests to feel truly welcome and at home, and I appreciate that you recognized our efforts. I hope that all the aspects of your stay exceeded your expectations and that we are able to provide a 'home away from home' for you again. Please travel safely!
Sierra Vista, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My stay at the Hampton Inn at Sierra Vista, AZ was nothing but pleasant from start to finish. I was in town for a few days and wanted a relaxing environment to relax in before launching myself into visiting my entire family. Check in was easy and fast, my room was easily located, comfortable and clean. No complaints!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi Emily D! I really appreciate that you shared your experience with us and that you took the time to point out how well your stay went. I know my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here! I am always looking for suggestions, so if you have any, please feel free to contact me at the hotel anytime. Travel safe and I hope we see you again in Sierra Vista!