“Nice surprise!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
colorado springs
“Nice surprise!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After reading some reviews of this property, I was apprehensive about booking a room for a recent business trip. Long story short, I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. I didn't find any staff member rude. In fact, I kept getting asked if everything was okay with my stay. I guess the staff is hyper sensitive based on past reviews? Not sure, but my stay was great. Breakfast and manager's reception were nicely done and the proximity to Ft Huachuca made it a good overall choice. Based on experience here, I booked a Hampton Inn and Suites the following week in Phoenix for another trip.

My only suggestion: Wifi should be extended to the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I find the management to be lacking a "being of service atitude". I will found the GM and the front desk manager Nicole to be almost rude and indifferent to my needs and concerns. I will not be staying here anymore and I recommend that you dont as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Lisa M
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We did not have as bad of an experience as previous reviewers but we did not have a great experience either. We were travelling with my parents and we each had separate reservations. We checked in one right after the other and the desk clerk gave us completely different hotel amenity information and operating hours than she gave my dad a minute before. The lobby had an odd smell which made us not really want to spend time there but we didn't have a choice in the matter if we wanted to take advantage of the free breakfast or if we needed Wi-Fi for something. Wi-Fi is NOT available in the guest rooms at all which, as Hilton Honors members, we all thought was on the verge of ridiculous. We have never stayed at a Hampton that did not offer this service. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and welcoming and our room upon arrival was clean but we were not as impressed with the way our room was serviced as a stayover. The job that was done was so poor that my husband actually thought the room had not been cleaned yet but I could tell someone had been there as the bed was made, although that in itself was not done well either. We like to stay at Hilton Properties as we are Hilton Honors members and try and stick with one hotel chain when travelling. With that said, I think we might try a different property when in Sierra Vista next time even though there are not any other Hilton properties there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Yorktown, VA
Reviewed July 6, 2012

First the sweet lady in the kitchen is MARY and she is very nice!!!

I am a Diamond member and stay at Hilton properties all over the world. On my recent trip to FT Huachuca, I reserved 2 rooms from 6/24-6/29 (1 confirmation #) and at checkin I informed the male desk clerk (there is only 1 guy) that we would be checking out 1 day earlier and he changed my dates - we checked out at the desk on Thursday morning I verified my bill for the 1st room and it was correct but I when I called yesterday for the bill on the second room I noticed they charged me for an extra night. I called and asked them to correct the error but the asst manager said General Manager denied the request because he ASKED THE MAID if we really checked out and she said didn't think so - although we were already in Tucson for the night. I asked to speak to the GM but they said he was unavailable because left until Monday (5 days).

I called the Diamond desk and after an hour on the phone they said they would credit me the extra day to my credit card since they agreed that maids should not make management decisions. THANKS JEFFERY at the Diamond desk!!!! Hilton Diamond Desk said they are going to investigate the hotels practices.

Additionally while we were there someone tried to enter my room at 9:00 PM I asked what he was doing and he said he was maintenance but he was dressed in shorts and t-shirt NOT dressed in any type of HAMPTON INN clothes I told him to go away - this distrubs me quite bit and has been reported in earlier post here - I complained the next morning and they acted like they had no Idea who he was!!!!!

I AM AVAILBLE IF SOMEONE WANTS TO DENY THIS REPORT!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! Room type not guaranteed.
1 Thank larryob10
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Context for my stay: I travel to Sierra Vista a few times per year. I usually stay here because I need the stays to maintain my HHonors status. That's the only reason I stay or would continue to stay here, as it is the only Hilton-branded property in town.
The only competent member of the staff who knows anything about customer service is the nice lady who works the breakfast in the lobby (forget her name)...she is friendly and a pleasure to be around. No one else knows anything about customer service. Reservations for certain rooms are not honored (i.e. for a king bed, or for two beds)...they just dole out the rooms as they see fit. There are no bennies for HHonors members here, no recognition, no thanks, no nothing. The rooms are small and the cleanliness is marginal at best. Worst of all, there is no wifi in the rooms...no wifi. Are you kidding me? This is 2012, folks.
Overall, there's no effort put into the service in this hotel and no effort or money spent to improve it. I think it's because they know that they're the only Hilton property in town and they automatically get the HHonors members. I will most likely continue to stay here for just that reason, but if I ever get to the point where I start using Marriott properties more, I will drop this hotel like a hot potato and use one of the several Marriott properties in town.

Room Tip: Unless you're an HHonors member, stay elsewhere.
2 Thank GDRWalkers
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this Hampton on business. The two week stay surpassed my expectations for hotels.
Pros:
The hotel staff is attentive, courteous, and strives to ensure each guest enjoys his/her stay.
The hotel offers breakfast and to go bags. They also offer cookies, snacks, and drinks in the evening.
Hotel cleanliness. Despite one small hiccup on my room, the housekeeping staff stays on top of things and rectifies any issues quickly.
Location was close to a few local restaurants and a running trail.
Cons:
The rooms' walls can seem a little thin. Depending on your neighbor, you might hear some tv noise.
Internet - The rooms have a desk with a cabled internet connection. While, the desk is spacious and relatively easy to work at, it would be nice to have an option for wireless without having to go to the hotel lobby. Given that the internet is provided free, it's not a major issue.

Room Tip: If you are planning an extended stay, the guest laundry is located on the second floor.
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel due to business. I had the same experience on both visits. Everything is great, except if you actually want to sleep! The quality of the rooms, lobby, personnel etc were really very good. (Well, the breakfast is a nice assortment, but I just can't eat their omelet's). But the real problem is the AC unit compressor. Every time it went on, it woke me up, every time it went off, it woke me up. I realize it's because of the thermostat, but I've been in other hotels where you can put it on "constant fan" and then it becomes "white noise" and allows you to get a good night's sleep. I've read this is the "best hotel in Sierra Vista," but I think I am going to find out for myself on the next visit!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business