“We Were Not Impressed...”
Review of Pandora's of Grayton Beach - CLOSED

Pandora's of Grayton Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Road 30-A
Description: Pandora's Steak House is located in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida in the beautiful community of Grayton Beach. Pandora's has been in business since 1978, and is proud to be the Emerald Coast's oldest family owned and operated Steak House, specializing in only the finest USDA choice heavy western beef and the freshest local seafood. Pandora's steaks and seafood are grilled over an open wood burning pit, using only pure oak, giving the very distinct flavor that we are famous for. Pandora's Steak House is renowned for it's slow roasted Prime Rib au Jus, which is a featured special on Wednesdays and Sundays. Private banquet facilities are available for parties ranging from 20 to 100 people.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We went to Pandora's one night while staying in Grayton Beach because it was next door to our accommodations. There were a sprinkling of other diners. The food was over-priced and mediocre. We chatted with the waiter---he was very helpful and provided great service.

There are newer reviews for Pandora's of Grayton Beach

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have always loved the Pandora's in Ft. Walton Beach although we haven't been to the Destin area in a long time. Tonight We wound up eating at the Pandora's in Grayton Beach on a whim. It was a Sunday night and my husband got a regular cut of prime rib (not the special) and I got the oak grilled grouper special.
My fish was excellent. It had a shrimp topping and crawfish under the grit cake with a chipotle sauce and it was great.
My husband's prime rib was very disappointing. He thinks that they cook it too far ahead of time (like maybe the day before) and then just reheat it before they serve it. That may account for the grey color everyone has been talking about and it had NO flavor at all.
Sadly we didn't read any reviews beforehand.
Although, the Burgundy mushrooms and martinis are always excellent and the Bread Pudding was good too.
It's sad. They really need to get their prime rib act together.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I went to the Red Bar, was told there was a 30 minute wait, waited for 50 minutes and left. Wanted to try Pandora's a while ago and decided tonight to go. We were immediately seated which was strange for a Friday night; only one other family in the dining area eating. The shrimp starter and bread was good. We both ordered the prime rib and could not wait for it to arrive. They finally arrived and mine was lukewarm, pale/gray in color, and tasted very bad. My husband's was cold, had a wee bit more color to it than mine, but had that bad taste as well. The loaded baked potato, we both ordered, came out room temperature basically. The shredded cheese on top of it didn't have a hint of melting during this lifetime. The waiter came over and asked if everything was ok and we explained that we couldn't eat the meat because it tasted badly. He went to talk to the "chef" and came back to apologize and explain that is was "freshly cut today from their best meat." He asked if we would like to order something else; so we did thinking it was bad meat that "maybe" the chef wasn't aware of. My husband ordered the grouper, which was small and had a funny taste, and I ordered the T-Bone. I'm not sure why a piece of meat to be cooked "medium" came to me charred and borderline well done. Not to mention gristly and had that weird taste as well; though not as strong as the prime rib. I tried to drown a bite of it in ketchup, but that made it worse. I began to wonder if the Heinz ketchup bottle had been re-filled with another brand because the steak gave the ketchup a bad taste. How is that even possible? Had been there almost two hours, didn't want to complain again, and just basically asked for the check, oh; and a box for literally my whole sadly wasted $40.00!! steak.........for the dog; and that is still up for debate. The ever-so-clever, smooth operating waiter talked up the fried strawberries and we were just plain out dumb to try dessert, but in my mind I thought, 'there has to be an enjoyable minute here.' Nope. One bite is all I had and could eat no more. How could dessert not taste good? Our bill for wasted time and food was $110.00 and not worth it all. We were thoroughly disappointed and I just don't understand how someone can seriously run a business, serve dishes like that to the patrons and then sleep at night. The waiter was professional and attentive to our table so we did leave him an 18% tip. I would not recommend this place to anyone. May as well drive through the parking lot and throw a $100.00 bill out the window in exchange for water, bread, and 5 jumbo shrimp.

1  Thank EG0lden
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I took my family to the restaurant to this restaurant in August of 2013. There was absolutely nothing about the place I would recommend to anyone. When you first walk in there is a smell tha permeates the restaurant not unlike a barn. The steaks we ordered were not cooked as we had ordered, it was expensive, and worst of all the service was horrible. It may have been the worst dining experience I've had in the last 40 years. We would have been better off staying in our hotel room eaten three day old sandwiches.

1  Thank Bill U U
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We decided to try the Wednesday night specials and discovered the buy two, get the lowest-priced item free. No gimmicks . . . that was the deal.

Though the food was pretty good, the service we got from the waiter named Theodore was the best we received in a long, long time. He explained the menu, made recommendations and made us feel like VIP's.

I got the ribeye, which came smothered in mushrooms and freshly-prepared Bernaisse sauce. Though it was quite tasty and the meat was marinated to perfection, the sauce was a bit overboard when it came to the sodium content.

My wife had the prime rib special and was very happy with her meal. It was not the best she ever had, but was good.

Theodore's super service as waiter will bring us back again . . . and no, I am not related to Theo, nor did I know him previously.