“Gorgeous!”

45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We spent the day driving the famous 30A and stopping to see all the beautiful beaches. I wanted to get closer to the dunes so we paid $5 to get into the State Park. We were so glad we did. There was a trail out to the dunes through an oak hammock. The mile walk took us along the coastline and each turn we made revealed more beautiful scenery. What a special place.

2 Thank Heizzoli

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An amazing place...”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

When my wife and I visited N. Florida in mid-February, I was anxious to show her the "old Florida" beaches. I grew up on this coast. I remember dunes, ample sand, warm water; not the condos and hotels that line the beaches now. Looking at a map and Trip Advisor, I found this park not far from Panama City Beach. WOW! I found ample beach, dunes, beautiful wild beaches, and scenery that takes your breath away. If you want to see the beach as it should be seen, visit this park. Catch the sunset here. Enjoy the beach as God made it!

Visited February 2014
4 Thank George T
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Worst road trip ever!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is NOT a Ft. Walton Beach attraction, and to get there, you have a drive of 30+ miles through over an hour of thickly congested traffic, during any time of the year when the water's warm enough to enjoy the beach. We'd heard the area was family-friendly, but found that it was certainly NOT! Parking is a huge problem from every direction, and the inescapable barrage of teenagers there are anything but patient with small children crossing even a gravel parking lot. Most of the time we felt like we were playing a real-life version of Frogger with every direction covered up by rude, distracted teenage drivers, in no hurry to do anything but force unassuming passersby to acknowledge their obnoxious unsupervised presence. Making matters worse, every locally owned retail store closes much earlier than average, flooding the restaurants from even very early in the evening. I enjoy feeding my family great food with local flavor, but when every restaurant is so overcrowded that they are already running an hour-plus waitlist to be seated, I'm looking for a fast-food restaurant just to get my family fed at all...and there AREN'T any! This meant rushing into the nearest grocery (NOT nearby, and lines all the way back to the dairy section) to avoid starving my families already hungry tummies as we made the return trip through another hour and a half drive of mind-bending traffic to get back to Ft. Walton Beach. NO THANKS! My advice is to stay in Ft. Walton Beach where you can enjoy much more of the beautiful white beaches, with plenty of room for children to run and play in the sand and surf (not like overcrowded Grayton Beach) and still have time to enjoy a delicious dinner at one of the many reputable restaurants. Save the gauntlet of getting to overrated Grayton Beach for the poor people who booked their family vacations there. It is one "hidden jewel" which was best left that way.

8 Thank Shelby S
Pensacola, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Our camping trips to Grayton Beach State Park”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have camped a few times at Grayton Beach State Park Campground. We think of this as our home campground! You are within walking distance of the beach, but it is a long walk! The beach here is beautiful! The campsites are very nice. The older loop has lots of foliage making the campsites very private. Some sites back up to a lake. There is no sewer ran to these sites. The newer sites are less private with sewer running to each site. The bathhouses are good and kept clean. I believe that there is a family bathroom at the newer bathhouse. There is a lot to do around there with Seaside close by, and numerous thrift stores along route 30 A! We love this place!!

Visited May 2013
5 Thank Kitty P
Newark, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A winner!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We loved our visit to Grayton Beach State Park - worth the drive from Ft. Walton Beach; the beach is beautiful; trails to hike and food establishments not too far away. Would definitely choose this Park again if we come back to the Panhandle area.

1 Thank OHRetirees72