“A one of a kind treasure.”
other travelers have booked this property
Come enjoy a Magical, Memorable Stay at our Lava Temple, at the feet of an active Volcano! ~
The view of live lava close-up And at sunset ~
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The view of live lava close-up
And at sunset ~
The Magical Lava Temple - a unique, off-grid, two story, open-air Sanctuary; surrounded by lava!
With Epic, Wraparound Volcano & Ocean Views
Skylights, Volcano Views, Open Loft Space, Yoga & Sound Healing Available!  : )
Altar to PeleMa ~
Queen Size Bed + Balinese Daybed Upstairs; Two More Double Beds + A Full Bed Downstairs
Nice, open, loft space ~
Downstairs, Nice Open Dining Area w/ Volcano Views!  : )
Downstairs, Comfy Elegant Sitting/Sleeping Area
A semi-enclosed downstairs bedroom with double bed
Come rest ~~~
Simple kitchen and luggage area
Take a hot shower, while watching the volcano!
Simple bathroom with flush toilet
Downstairs has living room, a semi-enclosed bedroom, and a fully enclosed bedroom in the back
Quan Yin blesses you!  : )
Peles' Land...  Black Lava Fields Amidst Lush Mountains
Just 10 minutes away from a Gorgeous Black Sand Beach w/ Wild Dolphins!
Elemental Landscape, Fire & Water, Air & Earth, & Vast Space...
Aerial view of our neighborhood of Kalapana Gardens
Blessed by frequent rainbows!
Puna at dusk
Mermaid Ponds!
We offer Sacred Sightseeing, Yoga, Sound Healing, Massage, etc!  Please inquire!  :)
Sacred Cave of Refuge nearby
We look forward to hosting you!
Where the lava meets the sea ~
~ E Pele E ~!  Her presence is strong here...
Come rest, enjoy & receive ~~~
~* ALOHA! *~
See you soon!  xoxo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Brian R
Kealakekua, Hawaii
“A one of a kind treasure.”
Reviewed October 19, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

I have stayed at both of Jade's places in Hawaii and they are both awesome. The Lava Temple is ------ indescribably awesome.

There is a wild and raw beauty and an inherent elegance to this place, and it is sitting on the newest land in the world, still raw and black and.... intense.

At night, you can see the active volcano glowing red against the sky, and the stars are about as close and bright as anywhere in the world.

Jade is a perfect hostess, professional and warm. I'd recommend this place to anyone, especially if you are open to a more 'intense' experience.

Traveling group: Solo
Oct 20, 2015
Mahalo nui loa, Brian! Thanks so much for staying with me and blessing my home! : )
Nicholas...
“At home on the lava”
Reviewed July 2, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

From the second that I inquired about staying with Jade, she was unbelievably helpful and pleasant to deal with. When I arrived at the property, I genuinely felt like I was coming home due to the warmth that radiates from Jade and her lovely home. I can honestly say that I slept better at her property than I have slept anywhere in longer than I can remember. The space and the location are incredible and make for a wonderful stay on their own and combine that with Jade and her wonderful nature make the Lava sanctuary an absolute can't miss while visiting the big island! I will be back again and I can't wait to enjoy the peace and serenity that the lava and the spaces that Jade has made bring and to have those wonderful nights' sleep that come with it as well!

Thank you so much for everything Jade!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything! Peace of the evenings
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 3, 2015
I loved hosting you, Nicholas! Mahalo nui loa for gracing my home with your presence ~ Welcome back anytime ~ : )
Dali S
“Best Place to Stay on the Big Island”
Reviewed June 11, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

I travel to the Big Island often and I must say the last visit was a little extraordinary. I attribute this to Jade Chen, who owns and manages the Lava Sanctuary in Kalapana. First of all, just staying in a place that sits on top of a lava field, surrounded by lush mountains, rich history, and stunning views of the starry sky, is surreal in itself. The lava temple was was one of the best accommodations we've stayed at on the island. The open, bali-styled structure, the cool breezes, large dining table, and eco-shower were just a few of the features we enjoyed. It's typically hard to get high speed internet and phone reception when you're this off-grid, but it was perfect here (I had to work while on vacation). But the best part of the experience was Jade herself. She was so welcoming and accommodating. She sent us a whole list of places to visit during our stay, checked in with us to make sure we had everything we needed, and even invited us to a local event she was leading at the Kalani center!

Do yourself a favor and book your accommodations at Jade's Lava Sanctuary. The rates are so reasonable for everything you get (two-story loft, full-sized kitchen, tasteful eco-living, and an active volcano a short drive away).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 3, 2015
Thank you so much, Dali! It was a true pleasure to host you! : )
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing