“Best Place In Show Low”

Best Western Paint Pony Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Show Low
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I came to this motel looking to save a few bucks after feeling ripped off by an overpriced Holiday Inn Express in Holbrook AZ earlier in the trip. To my surprise, it was the best place I stayed at in a long time. The room was huge and so was the bathroom. I stayed in the back building and the room was totally clean and offered everything you could want, we were very comfortable and take my word for it, because my spouse is pretty high maintenance. The restaurant next door is the best place I've eaten in my many visits to Show Low. The JB's restaurant across the street is a garbage can and I do not recommend it unless you enjoy dining with scumbags who hack up entire lungs at the table.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeanderingBear

Reviewed May 20, 2009

My husband and I did a great road trip in Arizona but this was a perfect ending to a perfect trip. This motel room was huge, clean, lovely people at the reception and to top it up, there is a fantastic mexican restaurant (best Margaritas!!!) 2 seconds' walk from the motel... what more do you want!!!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Staff exceptionally pleasant and attentive. Rooms well appointed, clean and fresh. Restaurant next door serves excellent Mexican food again with good service. The only downer was the early morning (5am) delivery truck which couldnt have been noisier if hed tried, so ear plugs might help or ask for room at the back of hotel.
Brakfast was of the Continental type with added hot choices of scrambled egg and sausages.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WilliamCarlisleUK
Reviewed September 26, 2008

This is a very nice Best Western - we stayed one night while driving from Gallup to Tucson.

We booked a king room – it had a microwave, refrigerator and great Internet access, and everything was clean. Although the hotel has external corridors, our room was away from the highway and quiet.

The front office staff were friendly, professional and knowledgeable about places to eat nearby. The breakfast was good and more than adequate for our needs. We had dinner at Licano’s Mexican right next door, which had good food and traditional décor. The Native New Yorker was also recommended – next to Licano’s.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank MelbourneWriter
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I travel extensively on business so am accustomed to the ammenities of 4 and 5 star downtown hotels. Those hotels need not worry about competition from The Paint Pony (think Formica and Melmac dishes). That said, the rooms are clean, large, and as advertised except that the fireplace shown on our confirmation was not available. It's June so not a big deal but be sure to call the hotel and confirm if you really want/
need the FP.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2008

I've stayed at several Best Western's and this so far is my favorite hotel of all. My other half and I booked the jacuzzi suite. When we arrived I was a little worried because the hotel didn't look very impressive from the outside, but the moment we stepped into the lobby I was impressed. Will at the front desk was immensely helpful and very enjoyable to talk to.

The room itself is gorgeous! I've decided that if I am ever able to build my own home, I will steal the design of this room.

The jacuzzi was large enough to fit two people, and very relaxing, the fireplace was also wonderful.

The housekeeping at this location was immaculate, we always had fresh towels and clean sheets.

Over all I loved this hotel, it was fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2007

I had a brief, but nice stay at this hotel. It's not fancy, but it was clean and quiet with a continental breakfast. This hotel is a good value, and I'd stay here again.

There are no special amenaties, but it is on the main drag through Show Low.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
#12 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside
PVC at Roundhouse Resort
PVC at Roundhouse Resort
#7 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside

Been to Best Western Paint Pony Lodge? Share your experiences!