“Better than it looks!”

Best Western Paint Pony Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Show Low
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great location next to a terrific Mexican restaurant/Steakhouse, the city park, and a full-service grocery store. Great value for larger than expected rooms. Very clean and friendly staff. Breakfast is included which is a plus, but the food items and dining area were mediocre to inadequate. But it was still nice to have the option. Mini-fridge and microwaves are a plus too. Great for families. Although ti is a little further for skiers to Sunrise, I find this hotel a great value and recommend it to families and those wanting the most conveniences for the money.

Room Tip: Fireplace rooms are available which are great in the winter
There are newer reviews for Best Western Paint Pony Lodge

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great location, nice Mexican restaurant next door (I recommend the enchiladas and deep-fried desert burritos :-). Very spacious room in excellent condition and the fireplace was well worth the extra money. A relaxing and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Russell J
Reviewed March 14, 2013

For a relaxing stop, try this Best Western right on the main highway into Show Low. The rooms are very clean, and quite roomy. The two times I've stayed I had a room with a mini-fridge. The only bummer is the breakfast is disappointing. The front desk help also operates the tiny breakfast area, and never seems to stay caught up with the crowd. They were using the microwave to thaw biscuits, thus preventing others from using it. The egg container was empty and dirty, and the juice is WAY watered down. Bright side; there is a Native New Yorker just a few doors down that serves great wings and is open late!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ShowLowBecky
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Got to the hotel around five after a long day of skiing, staff very friendly and personable. Hot coffee and cookies in the lobby area, which my girl enjoyed very much. Booked the room with the fireplace and it was beautiful little touch. Room was very spacous and very clean, Love Best Westerns Thank You!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Get the room with the fireplace!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BYfromAZ
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I were passing through enroute from Ontario to Scottsdale and found this gem of a hotel online. Based on the positive reviews we booked a dog friendly room and were not disappointed. The rooms are quite spacious and clean. Internet is hi speed. The front desk staff are very welcoming and helpful. They gave us two excellent recommendations: a nearby park which had a nice 1 mi walking path and leash free area for our springer spaniel and the restaurant next door, 'Licano's Mexican Food/Stkhouse 'which was good value and of excellent quality. My husband had the prime rib and I had the butterfly shrimp. Highly recommend this Best Western Lodge.

1  Thank Lexa339
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently stayed at this motel with pets on our road trip from Minnesota to California, via Scottsdale, and we had a huge nice clean room and they offer a great hot breakfast in their cozy lobby/eating room with stone fireplace and hot cookies upon checkin. No complaints about this place and love that you can drive up and unload right outside your room, especially if you are carrying pet carriers, etc. We stayed in the back building, lower lovel. They are also right next to a great Mexican restaurant, so not far for dinner, if you are too tired to stray.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Well, we were planning to stay at the Hampton Inn but it was a little pricey for the Holiday Season so we decided this trip we would look around. We settled on the Best Western here. We arrived, and the place is charming with a nice fireplace in the lobby. The check-in staff was very friendly, and the coffee and cookies in the lobby upon check-in were a nice touch. The hotel has been here for a long time (since 1963 I believe) and I was expecting the room to show its age. Boy was I wrong. They have taken good care of the complex. The rooms are immaculately clean, a pretty good size, and they are quiet! They had all the amenities a person could need (cozy towels and blankets as well) in the room, and based on my interactions with the staff, I am certain that I could have asked for salt shaker at midnight and probably had it delivered cheerfully.

I had mentioned that we were eating at a local restaurant that night and I was impressed when they called the room to tell me they checked and the restaurant was closed for the day -- without my asking!

The morning breakfast was hot, tasty, and included in the rate! Overall, we would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone requiring any level of service! Great job, and thank you!

--No pool though. But not really a big deal for a short stay!

Room Tip: They tell me the back rooms are bigger, but the rooms at the front are big enough to me. Ask for a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside
Holiday Inn Express Showlow

Been to Best Western Paint Pony Lodge? Share your experiences!