“Great place to stay in Show Low”

Best Western Paint Pony Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Show Low
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Clean, very conveniently located hotel with helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend this property.

Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed April 1, 2012

This Motel exceeded all my expectations and is great value. Easy to find on the main road through Show Low - Highway 60 - with good on site parking. Show Low is a nice self contained town in very pleasant countryside.
Friendly and welcoming Reception Staff with spacious and clean rooms and nice bathroom. Rooms contain two quite comfortable queen beds, TV, etc. and a good heating system.
Wi Fi access in rooms is very good, but no in room safe. Reasonable Breakfast provided.
This Motel has a really nice feel about it and I would certainly recommend - also great value.
The Mexican Restaurant next door, Locanos,was recommended by the Hotel and was really surprisingly good.

Room Tip: I would opt for an upper floor room, but not that critical.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Niel01
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We had car trouble and had to stay overnight.Went to the motel across the street first. What a mistake! Decided to not check in and go across to the Best Western.Great choice.As soon as we walked in we were greeted.The night staff made us feel right at home.Got a room #304 with a fireplace, very nice and clean.Very quiet and slept great.The free breakfast in the morning was just what we needed.Good food.We had to stay a little longer that day because the car took longer than expected.The day shift were very nice and helpful,letting us stay a couple hours past check out while waiting for the car.SOOOO MUCH cleaner than the motel across the street. (Days Inn).

Room Tip: #304, Fireplace and very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul T
Reviewed December 10, 2011

The room was spotless. I don't think I have ever stayed in a cleaner Best Western. The staff was super friendly. The breakfast was very good and the lobby where it is served will catch your eye.

Room Tip: The price is right for the comfort and service that you get.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank IndianaJoe4
Reviewed November 14, 2011

After almost eight years of staying up the road at the Best Western Pine Top, I never wanted to check this place out, but after a sad change in ownership, resulting in the huge decline of the property, I had to make a change. I work in Show Low at least two days a month and after driving clear down to Payson to find a hotel that I knew was clean, I decided to give the Paint Pony a shot. This hotel is central to Show Low, the staff is great and the room was fantastic! I am so happy to find something in a great price range and get back to the confident feeling that I used to have at the other place (before they quit taking care of it as well as they did under the previous owners), it is nice to not worry about bringing any tiny unwanted creepy-crawlys home with me!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ibjillster
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We decided to leave Las Vegas & head for the tall pines in Arizona, where the average August/September temperatures are in the 60's w/ a thunderstorm almost every evening. Show Low, Arizona, was our destination. We Googled "hotels/motels in Show Low, AZ". After perusing & reading numerous reviews we decided on the Best Western Paint Pony Lodge. Mostly because they were pet friendly. The pictures of the Paint Pony do not do it justice. We had 2 adjoining rooms for 5 nights & I just can't say enough nice things about this place. The staff went out of their way to assist us in whatever we needed. The bed linens were first class. The rooms were huge & spotless. There were 2 choices of pillow softness/hardness to choose from & frankly, both of the choices were comfy. The shower head had great water pressure & a nice roomy shower. There was an awesome little forest right next door to the hotel which our 2 little Bichon's just loved. Both would do their business & come running right back to me. The complimentary a.m. breakfast went over & above anything we have seen in all of our years of travel. The staff helped us in suggesting places we would enjoy; casino's, golf courses that were fabulous, restaurants w/ the greatest prime rib we have every eaten & historical steak houses w/ ambiance, cocktails & great food. One afternoon I stayed in for a nap & one of the maintenance men actually went to the vending machines for me & got me a diet soda & even brought back ice. What a nice guy!!!. We sincerely want to thank the staff & management @ Best Western Paint Pony Lodge for all they did to help make our stay the huge success it was & we all strongly recommend it to all.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back seemed to be void of traffic as opposed to the busyness of the front office &a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Vaunda
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I traveled to Show Low every week for my job. I had a choice of staying anywhere in the area. I always chose the Paint Pony Lodge. The staff was always extremely helpful, welcoming and friendly. The rooms are exceptionally clean and well maintained. After over 5 years of staying here, I always felt like it was home away from home. The variety of breakfast foods were plentiful and fresh. The breakfast hostess always greeted me. She made sure all items were filled. She made eating in the hotel breakfast environment warm and pleasant. I highly recommend you consider staying here on your next trip to the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside
Holiday Inn Express Showlow

Been to Best Western Paint Pony Lodge? Share your experiences!