“Great value”

Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great value”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Departure (10/7/12) - Room 502
Great value for the money. Was in town for the Tour of the White Mountains mountain bike race - awesome warm breakfast in the morning, newly remodeled rooms and friendly staff. Rooms are spacious, upgraded amenities and central location in show low. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Departure date 10/6/2013, Room 118. My family (teenager + hubby & self) had a great experience during our overnight stay. The room was very clean and had two comfy chairs, a small fridge and microwave. Beds provided great back support for my bad back and the room, which faced the parking lot, was quiet. The breakfast area was roomy and pleasant; the food was varied and fresh. We were there for a bike race with an early start and breakfast was even available before the advertised 6am, which is exceptional for any hotel on the weekend. Cookies were available in the lobby when we arrived in the afternoon and we also received snack bags with Priority Club status. Staff (front desk, breakfast area, maid) were friendly and helpful. We didn't have time to check out the pool, but it looked good. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Heard from the local tourist office that the above was just finishing a refurbishment so went to have a look. Some carpet laying still going on in the public areas but our room was pristine. We were in room 203 check out 5 October.
Breakfast good and plentiful and staff happy, so all in all one to recommend

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our departure date Oct. 1st, Room 512. Our room was VERY, big and spacious, which is the way I really enjoy a room. The bathrooms were also spacious and accomodating, I very much enjoyed how big the spa tub was. I enjoyed how spacious the room was, and the amentities. friendly staff, clean and updated rooms. The breakfast was also very good, friendly help.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Departure date, 30 September, 2012, Room 124. Room not real clean. Not vacuumed properly? Spa bath in room very misleading - bathtub (takes forever to fill) with 4 jets, 2 at YOUR FEET??? & one on the left shoulder, and the other on right knee?!?!?!?

Called Mary on Friday night, for a wake up call @ 0600! NEVER GOT ONE! Thank God I woke up. I told the woman at the front desk on Saturday Morning that I did not receive a a REQUESTED wake up call and she did not give a darn! So I CANCELLED MY THIRD NIGHT!!

As a priority club member, I EXPECT better treatment than this!!! However am SHOPPING for another chain who can do better??? I experienced a crappy experience in Santa Fe in February and NEVER got any response from anyone???

So i'm about to dump HI & the Priority Club - hmmmmmmmmm!

Room Tip: Do NOT pay 4 a spa room ~ RIP OFF!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Showlow, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear GregAliceSprings,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards Member and taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our location suitable enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the service received from our staff. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to them to ensure similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Glendale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were on a motorcycle trip thru the area again and stayed sept.22 for only one nite this time our room was 504 and was just redone and everything was as good as it can get. The newly remodeled breakfast area was much nicer than before alot more room but the food was as good as before fresh hot and a great way to start the day.The best place to stay always.

Room Tip: I always try to stay on an upper floor so no one is walking over my head
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
La Verne
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've enjoyed staying at this property for the past 8 years when I travel to Snowflake for business. On my last stay, renovations were under way. I stayed for two nights in room 504, checking in on 9-26-12 and out on 9-28-12. What a pleasant surprise to see the progress (almost complete). Lobby, breakfast room and my room (#504) were lovely! I'm only sorry I couldn't have stayed longer. The staff and accomodations are among the best I've encountered in my many years of travel. I look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
#1 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside

Been to Holiday Inn Express Showlow? Share your experiences!