“Good location, value, a bit noisy...”
Review of Super 8 Show Low

Super 8 Show Low
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Show Low
Phoenix, AZ
“Good location, value, a bit noisy...”
Reviewed September 5, 2007

We (2 adults 1 child) stayed 2 nights in over Labor Day weekend. The rates were very reasonable ($86 first night and $68 second night). The room was very clean and new looking, TV worked great with lots of channels, and we got a non-smoking room even though when we originally made the reservation only smoking rooms were avail. The indoor pool and spa were very nice and clean. The downsides were that the walls & floor were paper thin so we heard every step and word taken above us and on our floor and were woken up at night and early in the morning from the noise. The breakfast was only OK, quality was average and on the second day they ran out of lots of items. Service was good, although the staff looked very stressed (hotel was completely full). The location was very good, right off the main road and close to several local lakes.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Buckeye, AZ
Reviewed August 31, 2007

We looked at travelocity before leaving from Phoenix to Show Low and saw the rate was $89.00 per night. We were not sure if we were going to stay over night so I did not make reservations. When we arrived and decided to stay the night the cheapest rate they had was $129.00/ night. The staff assured me that that must have been another hotel that I saw the $89.00 rate on. When I arrived home the screen on my computer had not been closed and it showed $89.00 per night.
Too add to the negative experience the bed was very hard and the air conditioner was very loud. The room was on the top floor and the roof must not be insulated because it would get hot right away after the AC cycled off and was very loud when it kicked on and ran. I woke up about every fifteen minutes because the bed was hard and I woke up when it was too cold and when it got to hot. It was a nightmare. My wife and kids had the same problem at one time 4 out of the 5 family members were up in the middle of the night for 2 hours. We are normally very sound sleepers.
I guess the main point here is that the beds and AC are so cheap that they are what you would expect at a much cheaper motel.
I filed a complaint with Choice hotels, but they sent me a letter saying there was nothing they will do about it since each hotel is independently owned and operated. So much for their corporate quality control program!

• Liked — Pool and breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — comfort and price
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
9 Thank AZron

Travelers are raving about these Show Low hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 28, 2007

This is a great place to stay. The building is fairly new and obviously very well maintained. The location is nice and quiet and parking is convenient. The rooms are excellent and the breakfast is great. On top of everything else it had a very good room price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed March 22, 2007

My family of three spent two nights at the Sleep Inn in Show Low and were very pleased. The hotel is easy to find, clean and comfortable, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was enough to satisfy each of us; between us we had the Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, cereal, toasted bagels and juice, milk and coffee. They also supplied muffins and donuts, instant oatmeal, yogurt, bananas and apples. We would stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for nice accomodations at a very reasonable price.

• Liked — Value for the money
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
hansolo419
Reviewed November 2, 2006

This is a great hotel for the money, I would prefer that they had a gym onsite but the realy is a very minor detail and the BodyWorks gym is a good gym. The service was great, the room was clean and comfortable, the continental breakfast is above average, and the location is ideal. This is where you should stay when you are in Show Low.

• Liked — the service, the location
  • Disliked — no gym
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hansolo419
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 11, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Show Low for one night as part of our vacation last week.

I am firmly convinced that this particular hotel chain can't be beat from a price vs. quality standpoint.

We had a minor bit of confusion stemming from my wife's allergies to feather pillows (the pillows in the room all felt dense like feather pillows tend to do) but, as it turned out, the pillows were in fact a hypoallergenic synthetic material that feels remarkably like feathers. So, no harm done.

Although the dates on the various plaques on the wall behind the front desk suggest that this hotel is at least five years old, it looks much newer, especially on the outside and in the common areas (front desk, lobby, breakfast area, etc.). Our room looked a little bit older, but still not five years old, so I don't know if this hotel has recently been remodeled or not.

Our room was clean, orderly, and came with all of the amenities we expected (and then some): mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, computer "work center" with free wired and wireless network connectivity, television, etc.

The only real problem we had was with the room's air conditioner. The hotel had some foresight and had attached a plastic "shield" to point the air coming out of the air conditioner out into the room, rather than up behind the curtains in front of the window. However, the bolts holding the "shield" in place weren't fully tightened, so every time the air conditioner turned on (which, for us, was about every 15-20 minutes), the "shield" would make loud rattling noises. This wasn't an issue while we were awake, but when you're sleeping in an unfamiliar place, a loud noise seems twenty times louder! The conversation at the front desk upon checkout went like this:

Front desk person: "How did you enjoy your stay with us? Did you have any problems that might warrant a maintenance request?"
My wife: "It was great, other than this really loud noise with..."
Front desk person: "The air conditioner. That happens from time to time. I'll put a maintenance request in for that."

This seemed like a relatively benign conversation to me, but as we were walking out to our car, my wife said "Funny how she knew all about the noise and what was causing it before I could even finish my sentence. Something tells me they hear this complaint a lot. I bet they won't even put in a maintenance request!"

So, other than that minor snag, we enjoyed our stay at the Sleep Inn - Show Low and would recommend it to anyone looking for a convenient location (it's centralized to everything from ski areas to the Petrified Forest to the Morenci mine area to the Tonto Basin / Roosevelt Lake region) at a great, affordable rate.

• Stayed May 2006
11 Thank dthomps43232
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed March 17, 2006

We just returned from a trip to The White Mountains, and we stayed at the Sleep Inn in Show Low, AZ. After reviewing every hotel in the area, (which was about 6 - not much of a selection)I decided on the Sleep Inn. This hotel looked the newest and had an indoor pool and hot tub, plus complementary breakfast. The room was a bit on the small side of what we are used to, but very clean and well kept. It also had a coffee maker, microwave and mini-fridge, which comes in handy. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. By far this was the best hotel in the area and we would stay again.

5 Thank pikiniki93
Best Western Inn of Pinetop
Best Western Inn of Pinetop
#1 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside
Americas Best Value Inn Show Low

Been to Super 8 Show Low? Share your experiences!