“Would stay again, no question.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Show Low

Super 8 Show Low
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Show Low
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Would stay again, no question.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

My fiance and I stayed here overnight near at the end of March 2014. We stayed here for personal business and it was a better price per night as well as allowing pets. We were traveling with my service dog and our other dog. No problem keeping them with us. However, my first impression when I called to reserve I was not told a confirmation number, what room I had for smoking or non-smoking, if I had a one or two bed room, what the pet fee was, or the total. So, that was a turn off upon even getting there. We were traveling from Apache Junction and they allowed us to check in early instead of 3pm. This hotel is secluded and quiet. There is no sign at the street so you may miss it at first pass. There is an indoor pool, it was open, but we didn't swim.
I had heard that this hotel was musty, smokey, etc so I was prepared to deal with it. But, it wasn't. Our room only smelled of smoke when the neighbors in the smoking room lit anything, which was about 6 times in a half our once in the night and that was it. Our room turned out to be 220 when we got there. Nice view of the pines out back. It is on the second floor and close to the stair end that leads out back near the forest. Was very convenient to just walk down the stairs to go out to walk the dogs. The window in the room opens, the shower was a big round shower, very nice. Sliding door to the bathroom. We didn't use AC or heat the entire visit, just kept the window open for the cool mountain air. Comfy bed, quickest I have ever fallen asleep for a nap. I didn't want to leave! Fridge and microwave in room, DirecTV. Breakfast is the general "continental breakfast" with waffle, cereal, yogurt, toast, a roll, coffee, but if you need something to eat, it's there.

The hotel staff were are nice about having our dogs, always smiled when seeing us, didn't mind that us and the boys were in and out several times out doing things.

Only other issue we had was the key card deactivated itself early morning when I went out walking dogs the card wouldn't let me in the back stair entrance. Not a huge issue, some people would be mad that it was 34 degrees and had to walk around to the front entrance though. I just walked in and said my key wouldn't let me in, went back up to the room to try it, denied me again so walked back to the desk and got them reactivated. The lady at the desk was very helpful.

Will stay here again no question, and be our first choice as long as they continue to allow pets.

Thank you Show Low Super 8!

Room Tip: If you have pets, walking them is better on a room on the back side of the building. Can exercise ou...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
ARIZONA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

If your looking for a place just to sleep, then this would be it. Rooms can be pretty pricey for most of the places around the area so this is a nice option if you have your days planned out somewhere else. The breakfast was not really to good but lots of options in Show low for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We drove through the Southwest in early November, staying overnight at this hotel in the pines at the edge of Show Low. It was reasonably priced, with a comfortable bed and everything clean and working properly. Both when we first arrived at night and checking out the following morning, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Afterwards, while eating breakfast at a downtown cafe, my wife realized she'd left something in the hotel room and I drove back up the street to quickly retrieve it before our food arrived. The young woman working at the front desk immediately led me upstairs and unlocked the door so I could find the stray item. Then she smilingly said "Come stay again" as I went out the door, arriving back at the cafe just as our breakfast was served. We'll indeed stay again at this nice Super-8 when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Days Inn Show Low
Days Inn Show Low
#4 of 8 in Show Low
Americas Best Value Inn Show Low

Been to Super 8 Show Low? Share your experiences!