“Cool getaway”
Review of Super 8 Show Low

Super 8 Show Low
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Show Low

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times when it was called the Sleep Inn. Now, with the name change, something else has changed. The service! I came in on a Saturday afternoon the last weekend of June. I looked for the cookies that are normally there, since they are a nice touch for this hotel. there were none. I asked if they still make them, since the name change meant probably other changes as well. the girl behind the counter said "Yes we make them sometimes, but not today" I asked why not today, since it was a summer weekend day, when the have the MOST visitors. She responded "they get eaten too fast on weekends". Excuse me??? So ... when you actually have people staying at the hotel, that is when you do NOT make them? And I supposed when no one is there, that is when you DO make them? So they last longer and YOU can eat them? Not a good start. It got worse.

I went to the pool. NO towels. I asked the same gal about them. S he told me to go to the pool and she would bring them to me. A t least that sounded better. I went to the pool, and 45 minutes later someone else went out to get towels for us. She forgot! Not good service. But wait - like a bad commercial "there's more".

In the morning I got up and went to breakfast with my son. I like their breakfast. they have a waffle machine, and numerous other items. We came down at 8:05, and breakfast was from 6AM until 9AM. There was a fruit basket with one apple in it, and the person who was in front of me took that. SO no fruit. there was a yogurt ice bucket, and we each wanted a yogurt, but there was one of those too. My son got that (As a good parent) and I didn't I did get to make a waffle, which was fine, but I decide dot eat that and come back for a yogurt and some fruit. MY son wanted cereal, but the milk pitcher was empty to put on his cereal. I came back at 8:25Am from the table and looked. The fruit basket ws STILL empty, and the yogurt had one in it. I took that. The milk was still empty, so my son started eating his cereal dry. I went back again at 8:45 and at 8:55AM. The fruit basket Never was refilled, the yogurt was not refilled after I took the one I took at 8:25, and the milk was still dry. People that came after me had waffles, but not much else. What a disappointing breakfast!

I liked this hotel. Past tense. The rooms are still nice, I like the views out the window, the location is fine, and in the past the service, with the cookies and nice breakfast, was fine. But, with the ATTITUDE of "no cookies when PEOPLE are here" and no one refilling anything on the breakfast bar, I fear this hotel shall decline in the future. I shall stay at the Holiday Inn Express down the road, which is more expensive but still has good service. I hope this is not a sign of what Super 8 is like instead of Sleep Inn! What a disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gomeljohn9
Placitas, New Mexico
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We got a 3rd (top) floor room. It was clean, modern, quiet and looked out onto a field of pines. It was everything we needed. The (included) self-serve Belgian waffle breakfast was good, too. It was a good choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside
Americas Best Value Inn Show Low

Been to Super 8 Show Low? Share your experiences!