“We will be back!”

Licano's Mexican Food & Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Show Low
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scottsdale
“We will be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Especially for such a small town- great service and great food. If you go on a Friday or Saturday, get there by 6:00 or make reservations....the place was packed by the time we left!

San Gabriel, California
“The best in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

The best in town. The restaurant offered variety of choice of food. Most of the dinners are repeated guests. I over heard a comment from next table's guest. He said to his friends - He has been there 2000 times. So this restaurant must be good.

Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“it was decent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

despite it being very pricey for just two people the atmosphere was amazing & the food was beyond delicious!! if it weren't expensive I'd go back there!

Mesa, Arizona
“Waited 1Hr/15 mins for food; 4 tables served b4 ours; First&Last Visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We arrived this evening Sunday, December 30th at 6:45pm. We waited until 8pm to receive our food of only 2 orders for my wife and I. Four other tables were served prior to our table. Johnny, a short light hair woman was our waitress. My wife told me that she wanted to leave prior to being seated since she overheard 4 groups walking out and complaining about the slow service. One lady exclaimed they had driven 14 hours across the country to wait over an hour for their food. But what got me is that we were bypassed. The reason our waitress gave was that our order was pushed to the back. My wife specifically told our waitress when we ordered our drinks that we were ready then to place our order. Johnny, our waitress, was non-chalant, non-caring, non-emotional. and non-supportive. She did not offer to comp anything or give us free dessert or anything. If we get fair to good service we tip 20% almost every time. I left her only $2 cash on a $32 order. The food was good: chips, salsa, bean dip, sodas, etc. After she explained our order was pushed to the back without any explanation, i requested from our our waitress to bring us 2 boxes and our check before we even received our food. My wife took our two small children and began to walk out of the restatuarant after an hour of waiting. She came back momentarily after several minutes to collect our child's pacifier. I was about to follow her out the second time, when our food was finally being brought out. I have never left a food order without paying for it in my entire life. Had we not been intercepted, we would have left the restaurant without eating or paying our extremely late-served dinner order. Ok. I understand that there are a limited supply of good restaurants in Show Low, Arizona and the surrounding White Mountains region, since it is a big-time area for snow skiing in the winter and summer time fun. But this is the last weekend of the year and it is a holiday. it is the eve of New Year's Eve. To our delight, it began snowing upon arrival to the restaurant. We are here this weekend to find a second house in the White Mountains. I guess we will select either Heber or Snowflake areas instead of Show Low. We are to be sure to tell all of our friends and relatives back in Phoenix and Mesa to not come to this eatery unless they come during a off-dinner hours. Othewise, the food I did eat in a hurry and by myself (since my wife took our two small children) was pretty good. It is too bad their management does not staff adequately to handle high demand service times! I do not write many reviews. This is probably the 3rd or 4th I have written in five years. Then I waited another 15-20 minutes for the check. I was so tempted to leave a $20 bill on the table and just walk out for the second time. THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST VISIT TO LICANO'S AND OUR LAST ONE! This place will NEVER compare to Tia Rosa's in Mesa, AZ! RS

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Rob S
Tempe, Arizona
“Tasty But Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

The food is good, the service is great, but the prices are a little insane for the area. Two meals, one appetizer no alcohol $65+

Visited December 2012