“Great deal for a small budget”
Review of KC Motel

KC Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Show Low
Florence, AZ
“Great deal for a small budget”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The KC Motel had the cheapest rates in town so we were surprised at all we got for the $57 plus tax we paid for a room with queen bed. Even in our small, clean room there were also a table and chairs, a TV, coffeemaker, hairdryer on the bathroom wall, small refrigerator and microwave. Since there is a Safeway and KMart only a block away on Deuce of Clubs Blvd, we bought some food and ate dinner in our room. In the morning, the hospitality suite was open from 6:30-9:30 am. The continental breakfast included delicious brewed coffee, two kinds of juice, two kinds of dry cereal, muffins, honey buns, fresh fruit, and make-your-own waffles. It is an older motel and the heater was a little noisy, but we will definitely stay here again because the price was so good for all the value.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Arizona
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I usually never bother with reviews, but this was one experience I can't keep my mouth shut about! My family actually had three rooms for two nights (if I hadn't prepaid, we would have been out of there earlier). My room had a warm refrigerator, remote control that was taped together and still didn't work, door looks that were visibly broken off, hairs in the bath tub, chemical smell in the room, and the worst....roaches in my bed and a roach climbing up the inside window of the room! Ranks as the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed at. I only booked it based on the reviews, but maybe I got the bottom of the barrel. Absolutely digusting, and I'm not easily disgusted! Don't stay there. Spend the extra money for a nice room.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I can't complain about the room. It was lovely, I had a four poster bed. Like staying in a bed and breakfast. Dishes on a shelf, wreath on the wall. Nice furniture, large room. I had asked if I could be on the first floor. I was assured that I would like the room on the second floor. In a two story motel I wound up on a third floor. Ther was a rise in the middle with six more steps than my old knee would have liked. I hauled my luggage up there. In spite of it being 69 degrees outside, the room was very warm. The air conditioning was noisey, as was the refrigerator. I turned off the refrigerator and opened the windows, Which didn't help. I tried the fan setting, also noisey. i like white noise it lulls me to sleep but it was too noisey and needs updating. The poor guy next store was up and down all night also. I could hear him through the paper thin walls. It was very clean but I need to sleep. I left a day early and was charged a 10 percent fee. A lesson learned about independent motels. Nice place but I wouldn't stay there again. The motel did not seem full, so why couldn't I have a bottom floor. Your Average continental breakfast, waffles and cereal. Parking is tight.

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Ruidoso, New Mexico
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Stayed here on Friday 3/27. When we checked in they didn't have our reservation. I pulled out the confirmation from our on-line booking and found to my shock that instead of showing this date it had 3-11 which was the date I went online to make the reservation. I don't know if I made the mistake of the online booking company did. Either way we didn't have a reservation for that night. The very nice lady (she and her husband run the motel) gave us a room for the night and said to talk to her husband in the am, as he handles all the bookings. The room was quite large and very clean. It had a microwave and a small fridge. In the morning we talked to the gentleman and explained what had happened. He immediately voided our charge for the previous night since we had already been charged for the wrong night when we hadn't shown up. He could have easily told us we were out of luck since they hadn't made the mistake but that's not the way they are. These are good people. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I too stayed here based on the reviews and I was not disappointed! It was great value! My fiance and I arrived into town late after closing hours and the owner was very nice and accomodating considering she had to get out of bed to check us in. The room was small, but cute. Decorations were a little old-fashioned, kind of like staying in a guest room at my grandmothers house, but overall very nice. The bathrooms seemed to be re-modeled as well. I couldn't hear other people in any other rooms either, considering the parking lot is right outside our door. The heater was pretty loud but it didn't bother me so much. The only negative thing I would say about this motel is it's a little far from everything (the ski resort, resturaunts, etc.) I wish we tried the breakfast but unfortunately didn't have time to!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
arizona
Reviewed February 25, 2009

We booked KC based on the reviews here - they were right! The hotel was clean, comfortable, "newish"/fresh, free wifi, breakfast all as advertised.

Its about a 40 minute drive to ski at Sunrise.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Sierra Vista
Reviewed December 30, 2008

superior in it's catagory. Easy to book. What you see in the internet is the same price they quote directly too. No second guessing. Not a fancy lobby but my room was very clean with many appliances not found in similar motels ie; hair dryer, microwave, nice size fridge (will freeze your beverages). Nice firm bed. Carpet, walls and bathroom was very clean. Some of the areas that I think could be better; The heating and cooling window unit thermostat did not maintained consistency. Coffee was a little weak and fruit was sparce ,but the Whaffle machine more than made up for the continental breakfast. Overall, It's well worth the money.

• Liked — Cleanliness, appliances and management
  • Disliked — Temperature conrtols in the room
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Show Low
#11 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside
Best Western Inn of Pinetop
Best Western Inn of Pinetop
#1 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside

Been to KC Motel? Share your experiences!