“Packed on Saturday in October”
Review of Sweethearts Cafe

Sweethearts Cafe
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Show Low
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sweetheart Café is love at first bite! The food is homemade & delicious! You can park on the south side of the restaurant. Enter the patio area and walk past the garden into a restaurant that is nostalgic and cozy. The staff friendly and the food is fabulous! Come on in and see if you fall in love with this local café! :) See you soon!
Mesa, Arizona
“Packed on Saturday in October”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This is not peak tourist season. So when it's packed (only a couple tables available), you know it's locals and it must be good. Definitely good. Found this place just passing through town.

My wife had a grilled chicken sandwich and coleslaw (both excellent) and I opted for The King breakfast. Eggs cooked perfectly, sausage (3 generously large links) was delicious. The only question mark was the biscuits-and-gravy; there was a "sweet" flavor in the biscuits that I couldn't identify and didn't particularly like.

Service was excellent, though the place was busy. Prices were reasonable. It was clean, pleasant, and nicely decorated "country style".

Parking is tricky - it's out back and you use a "secret" back door. I never found how to get into the parking lot and parked in a bank lot just down the street. There's no street parking.

If you are in Show Low, it's worth the stop.

2 Thank david-oberpriller

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stumbled upon this cafe on a Sunday as we were passing through and liked it so much, we made it a point to stop in again the following week. The food is fresh, tasty, and affordable. My family and I all agreed that we all had great meals (and we all ordered something different). The Pork steak was amazing and the biscuits and gravy were great. Get there early because it gets really crowded after 9am.

3 Thank LisaTwoRivers2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Country Cafe.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We recently stopped in Show Low on our way to Alpine Arizona on a group motorcycle ride with the Scottsdale Harley's Group and stopped at the Sweetheart Cafe for breakfast. We had a large group of about 12. The Sweetheart Cafe is a cute country cafe with a homey feel. The staff were extremely friendly. The food was very good. We liked it so much that we stopped again the next day on our way back to the valley. We chatted with owner Stefanie who is very passionate about her business. We will be back!

2 Thank Eileen R
“Such good food!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Needed a place to eat breakfast and stopped here. So happy that we did!! The food is absolutely delicious and the meat is local! Ordered my son the "mini" pancakes and they were the size of the plate!! Country fried steak was all homemade and tasted delicious. I ordered a hot chocolate and I was so happy that I did! It had chocolate whipped cream and then topped off with regular whipped cream! Will definitely eat here again!

1 Thank Ebearce1982
Show Low, Arizona
“Filling...”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Ordered the green chili burger and they were out of green chili. Ordered the Shirly Temple and they were out of cherries. This was on a Friday afternoon before a long weekend. Seemed like poor planning to me. The restaurant was cute and the service prompt though lackluster. Finally settled on the jalapeño burger. It was big, and flavorful, but the patty fell apart, as well the bun. Had to eat my burger with a knife and fork. The server never came by to offer refills on our drink. Had to ask. All in all, my experience was OK, the food was OK, and I left full if not fulfilled.