“Like Mama Used to Make”

Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Show Low
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sweetheart Café is love at first bite! The food is homemade & delicious! You can park on the south side of the restaurant. Enter the patio area and walk past the garden into a restaurant that is nostalgic and cozy. The staff friendly and the food is fabulous! Come on in and see if you fall in love with this local café! :) See you soon!
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Sometimes, you luck into a restaurant where the food is both fresh and good, the help is 'real people' who treat you like a friend who just dropped by at dinnertime and ate with the family (or at least what they ate), and the price is a lot less than the quality suggests. This is that restaurant.
We had a minor glitch - somehow, one of us got the wrong order, so back it went, and you knew everything is cooked to order, it took as much time to prepare as you'd expect with nothing 'pre-cooked'...and he was treated to a free dessert.
It's not your average 'family restaurant', it's run by a real family, and the food and atmosphere almost put you back to the days of half-hour black and white TV sitcoms, where everything's right with the world.

1  Thank ArizonaDuke

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have to say, the Sweet Heart Cafe probably serves the best -- and certainly the biggest -- hamburger I have ever had. Our party of six, returning from a weekend in the woods, were hungry and our hunger was thoroughly satisfied. The owner warned us when we arrived that it would be a wait -- we are glad we stayed. Lovely family owned and operated business!

1  Thank valihugs
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good food, but be prepared to wait 30 to 40 minutes for them to make it. I think there is only one cook on the weekends. Too slow!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

In this day of fast food and chain restaurants, the Sweet Heart Cafe is truly a refreshing find! Eith great pride, It is family owned and operated. The atmosphere is very warm and friendly with special attention given to every patron! The food is to perfection with abundant portions! Best restaurant I've experienced in a long time!!!

1  Thank TexasGG51
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We like authentic cafes and this one fits the bill. It is very small, but has a big heart. The owners name was Debbie - I think. We stopped in for lunch and she had home made Minestrone soup or clam chowder, since it was Friday. When we asked which was better, she said "Well, I made the Minestrone and it is excellent" but you make up your mind. So my friend and his wife, along with my wife ordered the soup and sandwich. My friend decided he was hungry, so he ordered a bowl instead of a cup. The bowl was HUGE - enough in there for four people. The soup? Well, it was definitely not Minestrone, more of a vegetable soup, since it had large chunks of hamburger and no pasta. They all said it tasted good, but really not even close to Minestrone. My friend also ordered his tuna salad sandwich toasted, which seemed to confuse Debbie, since she asked him at least three times. Of course, when the sandwich came, it was not toasted. I had the patty melt, which was toasted and was excellent. It had a hamburger patty that had to be a half pound - I could only eat half. Mom owns the place and waits tables - daughter-in-law also waits tables - son cooks. I like family places, and Debbie is a very happy, outgoing person that makes you feel at home. I would go back, but order only a half sandwich. I hope this place makes it - you can pass it by in the blink of an eye, but if you do spot it - give it a try.

1  Thank KTBlount