“Busy because it is wonderful”
Review of Sweethearts Cafe

Sweethearts Cafe
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Show Low
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sweetheart Café is love at first bite! The food is homemade & delicious! You can park on the south side of the restaurant. Enter the patio area and walk past the garden into a restaurant that is nostalgic and cozy. The staff friendly and the food is fabulous! Come on in and see if you fall in love with this local café! :) See you soon!
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have to say, the Sweet Heart Cafe probably serves the best -- and certainly the biggest -- hamburger I have ever had. Our party of six, returning from a weekend in the woods, were hungry and our hunger was thoroughly satisfied. The owner warned us when we arrived that it would be a wait -- we are glad we stayed. Lovely family owned and operated business!

1  Thank valihugs

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good food, but be prepared to wait 30 to 40 minutes for them to make it. I think there is only one cook on the weekends. Too slow!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

In this day of fast food and chain restaurants, the Sweet Heart Cafe is truly a refreshing find! Eith great pride, It is family owned and operated. The atmosphere is very warm and friendly with special attention given to every patron! The food is to perfection with abundant portions! Best restaurant I've experienced in a long time!!!

1  Thank TexasGG51
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We like authentic cafes and this one fits the bill. It is very small, but has a big heart. The owners name was Debbie - I think. We stopped in for lunch and she had home made Minestrone soup or clam chowder, since it was Friday. When we asked which was better, she said "Well, I made the Minestrone and it is excellent" but you make up your mind. So my friend and his wife, along with my wife ordered the soup and sandwich. My friend decided he was hungry, so he ordered a bowl instead of a cup. The bowl was HUGE - enough in there for four people. The soup? Well, it was definitely not Minestrone, more of a vegetable soup, since it had large chunks of hamburger and no pasta. They all said it tasted good, but really not even close to Minestrone. My friend also ordered his tuna salad sandwich toasted, which seemed to confuse Debbie, since she asked him at least three times. Of course, when the sandwich came, it was not toasted. I had the patty melt, which was toasted and was excellent. It had a hamburger patty that had to be a half pound - I could only eat half. Mom owns the place and waits tables - daughter-in-law also waits tables - son cooks. I like family places, and Debbie is a very happy, outgoing person that makes you feel at home. I would go back, but order only a half sandwich. I hope this place makes it - you can pass it by in the blink of an eye, but if you do spot it - give it a try.

1  Thank KTBlount
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

A real hole in the wall location parking in the back and walking through a shared courtyard area. Food was fresh and large portions with personal service. We were warned the food would take a little longer than usual since there is only one cook and everything is cooked fresh. My hubby had a beef barley soup which was excellent and I had the Jr cheeseburger, fearing for an oversized portion and it came out as big as any burger you would get normally. Burger was great on a fresh bun and fresh fruit. Also ordered the half chicken salad which again looked huge for a half size. All in all a great choice...we will be back! Oh and the category food is not listed properly in Trip Advisor. It is American not Armenian food!

1  Thank Knightsfreedom