“Nostalgic place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canyon Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seligman
Canyon Lodge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Seligman
Polson, Montana
“Nostalgic place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We needed a place to stay the night before our hike into Havasu Falls and selected this hotel over a couple others that are closer to the turnoff to Hualapai Hilltop. One reviewer said "This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever been in!". I can't agree with that statement, having stayed in some very nice hotels, but it certainly is a very decent place to stay. If you like hotels that are nostalgic, interesting, quirky, fun, and friendly ... then the Canyon Lodge and Seligman is your kind of place. The proprietor is very friendly and can tell you many interesting tidbits about Seligman and Route 66. The hotel is certainly not a fancy modern hotel, but our rooms were clean, quiet, comfortable and decorated with period-appropriate memorabilia. The continental breakfast was basic but sufficient and helped us get an early start to the trailhead. It's sometimes hard to tell what kind of accommodations you're going to get in "old small towns" like this, and I've experienced a few terrible beds, dirty rooms, etc. That's not the case with the Canyon Lodge and I think the Trip Advisor recommendations led us to a good choice for the night. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I highly recommend staying at this motel. It was very reasonably priced. Great value!! The attention to detail in the rooms really shows through. The room was newly renovated and had the most comfortable bed and pillows on the trip. As a lone female traveler, I felt very safe at this motel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hotel nestled in the tiny town of Seligman is one of the nicest hotels I have ever been in!! It was spotlessly clean. Each room has a theme, ours was James Dean, and the attention to detail was bar none, even the light switch cover was James Dean!! The management was awesome and we certainly enjoyed our stay here!!! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Glendale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

I found the Canyon Lodge here on Trip Advisor and chose to stay there based on the number of positive reviews, and based on the themed rooms, specifically the train room. I specifically reserved the train room, but when we arrived Saturday afternoon we were told we could not have it because it had been given to someone else. Apparently the party that stayed the night before decided to stay longer and we were told it was a favorite customer so we were bumped to a room that we did not care about. I protested but to no avail. I asked the clerks name and he told me Reinhard, to which I responded, "Oh, you're the owner" and I walked out of the office and let my wife take care of paying because I was now too disgusted to face this person any longer.
If I was going to stay in a room that had no meaning to me, I could have stayed at any of the other rooms in Seligman, and probably for less money. I chose that room because I am a railfan and I wanted the train room. The "Hollywood Room" means nothing to me and was basically just another hotel room as far as I'm concerned.
Once inside the room we discovered that the carpet was rather dirty. I could feel the grime on my bare feet. I rubbed a washcloth on floor with four quick strokes and it came up black.
Aside from the above negative points, the room was otherwise neat and clean. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows. The room is rather small, but that is more a function of the period in which the hotel was built.
I guess Reinhard values his 'favorite customer' more than new customers, but he also guaranteed that I will never be a returning customer. When we return to Seligman in May for the Fun Run, we will find other accomodations. For those who might simply say "you will have a chance another day", I will say "how do I know he won't do that again next time?" He has demonstrated that reservations are meaningless. His credibility with me is zero.

Room Tip: Reservations are obviously not guaranteed. Don't expect to get the room that you reserve.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Guy C
Queretaro City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I decided to stop at Seligman as part of our Route 66 road trip. We weren't sure where to stay because all motels in town looked quite similar. After reading the reviews, we decided to stay at Canyon Lodge.

Since the moment we entered, Reinhardt -the owner, a very friendly gentleman- warmly received us and greeted us, making us feel very welcome. He told us about all the themed room options, and we took the Railroad-themed room with a king-size bed.

The room and the bathroom were impeccable. The shower was a bit small, but that caused no problems. Everything was super clean. Reinhardt arrived from Germany many years ago. If you are familiar with the German standards of order and cleanliness...well, his hotel lives up to that standard.

Breakfast is free, so that's something good for budget-minded travelers. It was also very good: juice, milk, fruit, and a wide variety of cereals and sweet breads.

When we left the next day he recommended us a few historical places to see in town, and even offered us a discount at a nearby gift shop for staying with him.

Seligman is a great little town to spend the night. it makes for a very real Route 66 experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We five people lodged in 3 rooms; John Wayne, Elvis Presley, and Hog Heaven. The rooms were decorated in style to the max, leaving no wall area without a commemorative of the suite. Besides the décor, the rooms were impeccably kept; furnishings were without blemish, leaving me to think this room had just been done, but looking at other reviews, it must be at least a year this décor has been done. We arrived late in the evening and left early the next day for a trip on the Indian reservation, and only regret we did not have more time to enjoy our time here.

Room Tip: We were told the Marilyn Monroe room is the most requested, so make reservations early if this is yo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was the first night stay of our Route 66 drive. My husband really wanted the entire Rt 66 experience--drive as long as we could and then stop and find a room. Personally, I enjoy staying at the Hilton family of hotels and having reservations made far in advance. After reading the reviews after we left the Grand Canyon Caverns, I decided to relax and give Canyon Lodge a chance. I am so glad I did. We had a blast from the moment we walked into the hotel lobby. Talk about walking back in time to days gone by. We have never smiled or laughed so much. We were impressed with the room (we chose the Hollywood Room); the bedspread and decor were beautiful. and quite comfortable The room had everything we could possibly need. Plus, it was clean and comfortable. Reinhard suggested we eat dinner at Lilo's, which served delicious German Food. Breakfast in the morning was abundant and yummy. This place set the tone for the rest of our trip to Chicago. We never stopped smiling. Seligman, AZ, is an awesome little town. Make sure your experience this little gem.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RhondaCapron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seligman
Supai Motel
#1 of 1 in Peach Springs
Ash Fork Inn
Ash Fork Inn
#2 of 2 in Ash Fork

Been to Canyon Lodge? Share your experiences!