“Classic Route 66 Motel”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Seligman
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Classic Route 66 Motel”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We got in late but they had a nice, clean room for 4 available at a very affordable price. The wi-fi is a nice modern feature and I really enjoyed having a bench outside my room to relax on. I love being able to unpack the car within ten steps of my room.

I didn't try the TV or the microwave, but the fridge was nice & cold. The shower was powerful and the bed comfy. The train comes through often, but I slept very well regardless. This place is a true gem along the old Route 66.

The owners are very nice and full of wonderful information about the area. They have a pizza shop with live music and a surprisingly good selection of bottled beer. It's a good place for travelers who enjoy motels for the basics.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Trailmix44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Seattle
Reviewed June 23, 2010

My wife and I were about 4000 miles into a 7000 mile trek through the Southwest and came across Stagecoach 66 Motel and the closely affiliated Pizza Joint. Having stayed in hotels on this trip ranging in price from $49 at a low to $239 at a high, Stagecoach 66 was the most delightful on this trip. Friendly helpful folk, a clean room and bed, excellent selection of beer, tasty and generously sized pizza, and cool movies to boot. Best of all, the proprietors are interesting people doing more than what is required to ensure the stay is comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jsarbora
Norway
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Comfortable and clean rooms. Working on theme-rooms, pretty cool idea. The John Wayne room, the traditional room, or the US Marine Room. We had the traditional room, with traditional family pictures and a nice athmosphere. Micro and fridge in room. Coffe I got in the office from 6am. For me its just impossible to stay anywere without WiFi, and here it is free. The train is just behind the motel, as with most motels along Route 66, but it did not bother me more than other trafic would have.
Lets not kid ourselves, this is not a luxury establishement, but it is charming and different - and has great and personal service. The Pizza Joint is on the same property and has the best pizza I have had! Would be worth returning just for that. They also have about 50 differnt beers! Personally, I REALLY like having the motel, food and beer/wine at the same place - I park the car before the alkohol. The restaurant is actually very cozy and quaint, 50'ish, and has lots of memorabilia. I sat down an felt like home! TV for sports, and even great live music on some occations!

The Motel has an artist working on decorating the Motel, and I was positively surprised at how much it did for the feel of staying there. A Cars paiting, some Route 66 symbols, and the Elvis - it just looks GREAT! I heard there will be more coming.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Manteca, CA
Reviewed April 21, 2010

The motel is definitely dated, so I gave some leeway in consideration of the inexpensive room cost. But now that I've not once, but twice, just stepped on rose thorns embedded in the carpet, and it's now after midnight and I still can't sleep, here I shall unload. The lamp shades haven't been cleaned...ever. The carpet is in tatters in places. The sheets are clean, but well-stained.

I'm a non-smoker with a pet. The sign that says pets welcome left out an ever-so-important caveat: Pets are welcome **in the smoking rooms.** Bear that in mind if you're bringing Fido along for the trip, and you don't want to sleep in an ashtray.

The train comes through the back door about every hour. I don't find that to be a killer, the room doesn't shake or anything and I haven't heard a horn yet, so it's not that bad to me, but if you're a light sleeper, you'll have a rough night.

Yes the staff is friendly and inviting, but I'm not giving undue kudos. I'd rate them as par for the course.

Wait'll you get a load of your parents' era heating and air condition equipment...WOW that stuff's old

The kicker comes in my requesting a non-smoking room, which is apparently on the opposite side of the lot from the smoking rooms. All but a few non smoking rooms are empty tonight. Only a few of the smoking room are occupied. The nice lady at the desk hands me a key to room 123 and 125, asks me to take a look at each room and give her the key I don't want. OK. I can't get into 125, so I guess it's 123. Mind you 120 to 123 are empty. We get talking about the sportsters sitting around the parking lot and she tells me the one in front of 124 (the room next to mine) belongs to her son, who apparently lives here. OK again. I go to sleep about 10pm, at about 10:45 I'm jerked awake by what sounds like a body slamming into the wall behind my head. Apparently Junior just flopped down to watch some tv. It's now 12:46am and I can clearly hear Junior's phone chats, and whatever he's watching on TV. And I can't sleep through it, so as soon as I submit this, I'll be going to request another room.

Why put a paying customer in a room beside your night owl family, when you have plenty of other rooms open? If you give it a go, I wish you all the luck. Hopefully you don't share in my buyer's remorse.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Glenn95337
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 14, 2010

The Norwegian owner of this hotel really cares about your stay; she is a character. It is a 1950's spot on the historic route 66. The closest feeling of going back to a distinctive time in America I've had in a long time. Including the trains that run behind the large property; how long has it been since I considered trains as a form of travel?

The rooms are clean and the water pressure in the shower is excellent, it will strip the road trip desert dust right off of you.

Not to mention the incredible pizza from the pizza joint located in the same complex.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Telemark, Norway
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Stopped at the Stagecoah Motel by chance. Just loved the friendly staff and decided to stay for a few days. The motel got some room specially decorated. We stayed in the John Wayne room. The motel also got a pizza resturant with the best pizzas in town!
We will stay here again if we are passing by.
Of course this is not the Hilton, but good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Breen
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I go back and forth to LA from Colo and this was the 3rd time to stay here, It is an old place from the 50's and has RR tracks behind it like all the motels in AZ, I sleep fine in the front rooms and I am a light sleeper, rooms are fine, beds are clean and the shower works fine, love the sunsets from here, it is always empty and we have the place to ourselves. We will be back, oh and my wife is picky about the rooms, they can be old just not dirty. Bring your own coffee maker if you want coffee early. I call 5AM early..

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seligman
Supai Motel
#7 of 7 in Seligman
Ash Fork Inn
Ash Fork Inn
#2 of 2 in Ash Fork

Been to Stagecoach 66 Motel? Share your experiences!