“Great Stay”

Stagecoach 66 Motel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Seligman
“Great Stay”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

If your'e looking to stop in Seligman, I really recommend the Stagecoach. It's an old motel, so if you're looking for a modern room this isn't it. But if not, for a great price, you'll have a great stay. The rooms are very clean, the owners are adorable, and there's a great bar as well as a pizza place on site, with great food! I was going to stay two days and ended up staying 5! If I ever go back, I will definetly go back there :-)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KarineN3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed November 16, 2011

5000 mile roadtrip with my dad. We wanted to see rt 66 and the Stagecoach fits the bill. The room was clean and the people were nice. Even served us a pizza after hours. The bar has good cold beer (try the Grand Canyon its a local brew). We loved it.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank BROCDT2
Los Angeles
Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you are passing thru and want to get a good night's sleep and save a buck, stay here. The little lady up front is sweet when you get her talking. They also own the pizza place next door...which is good if you are hungry as there is not much in this little town. This place is great if you have a big rig like we did. We were able to pull right up to our rooms and haul our equipment right in the one story building with a U driving loop. The furniture is old and I wouldn't want to shower here, but if you are road tripping and can skip a shower, this is fine. It's not that the shower was dirty, it's just that the carpet and everything is just old and I would just rather not. The sheets were clean enough. But I always travel with my own pillow and sometimes even carry an extra blanket. You might need one here on a cold night. Bugs will come in your door if you leave it open, so don't....and I'm talking big night crawler bugs. The owner does take the liberty to leave little freebie toiletries in the room above and beyond the usual... I got a nice shaving cream sample and a razor. There is free coffee available in the office in the morning. There is not much else around here so it's really just for passing through and supporting an old historic building for a price that can't be beat for travelers just looking to rest their weary heads. You won't be bothered much. We hung outside of our rooms for awhile and had a beer while looking at the night sky full of stars. I will say that I am a female and my male business mate stayed in the room next to mine. I might have been uneasy if I had been staying here alone. With that said, I enjoyed the experience and if passing through again, I would stay again. This is a place for the adventurous and open-minded.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Creativitoy
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I travelled from Virginia to California and one of the things I wanted to do was stay at a drive-up motel. This place fit the bill perfectly. It's not the Ritz-Carlton, but you get what you pay for, and I got a clean comfortable room. The owner's are on-property and very friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick J
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I was travelling cross country with my toddlers and two dogs. We looked online and checked trip advisor and found this hotel. We were looking for something fun to do on our 4 day trip and figured that the town sounded really neat. Upon pulling into this motel my husband immediately asked if I was sure I wanted to stay there, trying to be open minded I told him it was fine. When we booked the room they didn't tell us that all pets must stay in smoking rooms (did I already mention I had two toddlers). Upon going into the room I immediately observed two yellow chairs which were filthy and you could actually see the brown stain marks from something spilling on both of them. The room was cleaned to the best of it's ability otherwise but the smoke smell was deadly. My face immediately swelled up from the smoke and within 10 minutes we decided we just could not stay in that room with our children ~ I didn't want the touching anything and trust me, i'm no clean freak! I cannot attest to any other rooms clenliness as I din't see any of those.

To the owners credit they did refund us our money and were very nice about it and even suggested we go an hour further to Kingman (which we did!). I could not allow my kids to stay there and to boot we drove through the town on the way out and was definitely unimpressed with the offerings. Unless you're a historical route 66 enthusiast I'd suggest driving right past this entire town.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
birdybirdcars
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Being a bit of a "clean" person, I had my doubts upon entering my room... and indeed, looking under any furniture is a terrible idea in this place!! However, the sheets and bed were clean, and everywhere not under something was clean, though the bathroom floor could use some work. Being a "clean" person, I wore slippers everywhere, and used clorox wipes on the toilet, shower, lamp switches, etc, but I do this at all hotels/motels. The mattress was very comfortable, but I needed two pillows as they were flat. The staff and owner, Anne-Lise, are very very accomodating and friendly, as are everyone I have met in my three week stay in Seligman. What a novel little town. All of the surrounding areas have such beauty and historic value. From this motel I have gone (all in a day or two trip)to: Sedona (gorgeous!), The Grand Canyon (and all the way to Marble Mountains and the Vermillion Cliffs), all the way to Southern California on Rt 66, which is a beautiful experience full of history (Oatman, Needles, Kingman, Bullhead city, etc.), The Grand Canyon Caverns, Flagstaff, Tucson and Arizona-Sonoran Desert museum. Meteor Crater is also very close. Camping and hiking are free in nearby Boquillas ranch, and great horseback riding at Quarter Circle JD near the Grand Canyon Caverns (not near Grand Canyon, fyi)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank birdybirdcars
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Look, this Motel was built 60 or so years ago and has had only minor improvements since then, which makes this place a living history lesson for kids of today. This is the type place my parents took my family to when we were growing up. I'm 61 and was taken back in time to a cozy time in my life when families did things together and I really liked the feeling it gave me.
It doesn't have a Pool, game room, Spa, or workout room. It does have charm, simplicity and an onsite owner that smiles alot and plays the spoons at the Pizza restaurant next door. Staying here will show young people of today how much society has changed from a more simple time to the XBox world we now live in. By staying at the Stagecoach 66 Motel you will be able to have face to face conversation and listen to live music with the Motel owner playing percussion. It was a real joy without any bells and whistles.
Maybe kids can see that money and material things don't make us happy it's love for one another and quality time spent together as a family that really matters.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank RANDY823
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seligman
Marble Canyon Lodge
#7 of 7 in Seligman
Ash Fork Inn
Ash Fork Inn
#2 of 2 in Ash Fork

Been to Stagecoach 66 Motel? Share your experiences!