“Iconic”

Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Seligman
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 20, 2019

You have to stop here, even if just for a shake or ice cream. It's just a little shack with patio seating, and on weekends they have live music. There is all sorts of interesting memorabilia around and out behind the building, so bring your camera.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (494)

Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

While visiting Seligman AZ driving Route 66 we stopped here for lunch and to take pictures. You get in line in a tiny little building place your order pay then they bring out to you. They have all types of burgers, hot dogs, tacos, milkshakes, drinks, grilled cheese etc. The prices are reasonable and the tacos were delicious. Then you can go out back and take pictures of old cars and gas pumps. It was a much needed break to sit for a bit after walking and being g in the car for 3 1/2 hours. Lots of photo ops in this small town you can walk one end to the other in.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank 518lauriek
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Always the best stop in town for a burger and ice cream cone. Can spend plenty of time looking around the place at the cars and buildings.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Greatplacesnv
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Delgadillo’s Snow Cap drive in, is located on the East end of town as you are either arriving or leaving town. Pretty colorful place, and a bit beat up looking, however this is an original building, from the Historic Route 66 days, so is actually nice to see something that has lasted through the years. There is only outdoor seating, however you can order inside the walkway. Watch for the doors going in, as they have door knobs on both the right and left hand side of the door. The staff is friendly, and it does take a few minutes to get your food, so you have time to walk around the building a bit, until they call your name / number. The have the typical drive in diner food / grub, but everything we ad was good, and the Burger's were nice and fresh and hot. Even if you do not get something to eat at the Snow Cap, you need to stop in and look around and take some photo's, as there is quite a bit to look at, and again remember this is the original building from the heyday's of Route 66, so kinda of cool to sit at one of the tables and think how many people, or who, over the years have stopped at Snow Cap to eat.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Rod-BHill
Reviewed June 2, 2019

Im not sure what this old grouchy woman may have been going through in her life, but we ate there today and she was totally, shockingly, RUDE to me - a paying customer. I went up to the food pickup window after all 6 of us had already gotten our food. I followed behind a man who picked up his order. She abruptly closed the sliding window on me because she didn't have any orders to call out for pickup, and she knew I wanted something. After waiting there about a minute, I tapped on the window because I could see there was someone in there through the window with a decal. She opened the window and rudely said, "Im on the phone!" to which I replied, "I'm sorry I couldn't see or hear you". I waited there until she opened the window again for another customer's food pickup. after that customer picked up food, I asked for a cup of water. She yelled at me, "Im way to busy to get that for you. If you want water, there's a faucet (hose bib) on the side of the building!!!" I was in shock. I told her I would wait until her customers picked up their food. Door slammed again, customers watching this go down were also in shock.

It wasn't even that busy today around 2pm, and no one else was there to pickup food when I asked for a cup of water. Finally I decided to go back to the food ordering line (different from the pick up line) and an employee who heard what happened came to bring me a cup of water.

I am still a bit shaken and can't believe this happened.

The food was your typical diner food, nothing special. We had burgers, hot dog, burrito, tacos, and veggie burger as well as shakes, sundaes and fries. Everything was just OK, palatable but nothing to write home about.

Ambience was cool. You can go there, take a few pix, but I wouldn't recommend spending any money there because of this rude lady. They probably have so much business as is from big tour buses that they dont give a rip about customer service.

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank Ohanamom

Been to Delgadillos Snow Cap? Share your experiences!