“A great find in Seligman”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seligman
Aztec Motel & Gift Shop
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Seligman
Tucson, Arizona
“A great find in Seligman”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Was hunting prairie dogs June 25 - June 29 and we arrived in Seligman at midnight on the 25th with no room reservation. We tried another hotel where we have stayed in the past but they were fully booked. We drove down to the Aztec and they had a room. It was hot so we checked the AC unit which was new and worked great. The room was very clean with fresh paint, clean towels and bedding and Dave the manager on duty was great. When we asked for an ice machine to fill our cooler and he told us they didn't have one we figured "oh well we'll buy ice". Then he showed up with a bag of ice for free! Great, clean little place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Room 10 was great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Todd R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Albuquerque
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Marie's quaint motel on the night of Sunday, March 18th, 2012. On that evening, we were forced off I-40 due to winter weather closure.
We were hungry and found refuge at Westside Lilos Cafe. The staff at this Rt. 66 themed restaurant were providing updated storm information and local hotel/motel referrals.
We were directed to the Aztec and given a discount on our dinner tab at Lilos. We were well-fed, safe from the storm and happy in Room #2 at the Aztec in a matter of 45 minutes or less. The room was nicely furnished, VERY clean and it totally met our needs.

The really amazing and very pleasant surprise came the next morning.
We woke up to about 9 inches of snow on top of our car. My husband was
super-anxious to get back to Albuquerque, so the snow was a frustration.

Now, for the pleasant surprise: Marie got on the phone to check road conditions going east,
then offered the information she had been given. She proceeded to loan us a brush to clear the car (our snowbrush was buried....in the car trunk!). SHE THEN HELPED MY HUSBAND CLEAR OFF THE HEADLIGHTS, ETC. WITH TOWELS FROM THE ROOM! Marie also recruited another traveler to use a push broom to clear a bit of the parking lot so that we would have an easier time pulling out onto the road. She gets an A+ for helpfulness that morning.

Never, never, never have we experienced such pleasant, caring and helpful service from anyone in the hotel business. Marie is a delight and takes pride in her occupation as owner/manager of the Aztec Motel. Seligman is a town I intend to re-visit soon, and I will certainly patronize both Marie's Aztec Motel and Westside Lilos Cafe.
Rebecca Tallman, Albuquerque, New Mexico

Room Tip: All the rooms will be quite comfortable and clean. Marie takes pride in that.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank AbqRRMom
Vidal Junction, California, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I pulled in at 3 AM on my motorcycle and cruised the Route 66 strip and eyeballed each motel, then pick this one. I am glad I did. Marie came to the door of the office and was the nicest person you would ever want to meet. Her and her husband have been remodeling the motel ever since repossessing it from the people that bought it from her about 2 years ago. The rooms are clean, and I mean clean. Marie cannot keep maids because she is to fussy, so she does the rooms herself. They have a nice gift shop and offer a 10% discount at the restaurant down the street, which is very good. Since then we have stayed 3 times in one year. This is the best motel in Seligman!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Boots K
Midway, TX
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Marie is an angel. We love her! Our room was recently remodeled and very charming. She has a lincoln continental breakfast in the office :) The court is a visual wonder in it's own right, and immediately across the street from the legendary "Snow Cap". Check out was bitter-sweet since we had more Route 66 crusin' to do, but we just didn't want to leave. Route 66 buffs....don't miss it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kyra E
Milwaukee, Wi
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed here last week before a hike into Havasu Falls with Pygmy Guides. The room we had was small, but neat and clean. Marie was very personable, and had a nice continental breakfast for us the next morning. This is not the Ritz, but it is a good place to stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank JMilwaukee
Boulevard, California
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Marie does an excellent job of caring for her motel, for the most part, by herself. I stayed in #2 and could not find fault anywhere with the cleaning or maintenance. I did not sleep well the first night because the the a/c buzzed and rattled. I discovered the next day it was just the louvers, and a card stuck in the right spot eliminated the noise. (I suggested a more permanent fix to her) She has Wi-Fi now which worked fine. A word of warning, she doesn't like animals in the rooms. Works for me, but travelers with pets will want to look elsewhere. Personally, I welcomed the respite from pet noises, smells, and hair. If you want to shop or eat in town, Marie offers great advice gleaned from years of experience. A continental breakfast was provided, and Marie was up for chatting about life in Seligman. Conditions may change if she sells the place, but for now, this is the place to stay if you don't have pets. I expect I will stay there again. Oh, my room did not have any kitchen gear, but I recall she said she has at least one room that does.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Matt1075
pittsburgh, pa
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed there 4 years ago when there were new owners. It has since gone back to Marie, the original owner and is back up to snuff. Nothing fancy - clean room, comfy, coffee maker in the room with supplied coffee, not expensive and showing your room key at some restaurants in town gets you a discount. She has a small gift shop as well. Marie is incredibly friendly and accomodating. Please give her business :}
Lynn G. Pittsburgh, PA 5/11

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank steelergirl87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seligman
Supai Motel
#2 of 2 in Ash Fork
Grand Canyon Caverns Inn
Grand Canyon Caverns Inn
#1 of 1 in Peach Springs

Been to Aztec Motel & Gift Shop? Share your experiences!