“Kayaking w/wine tasting --good times!”

Sedona Adventure Tours
Ranked #26 of 94 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing unforgettable adventures by raft, inflatable kayaks, hikes, wine & microbrew tastings, horseback rides, scenic tours, tubing & ducky madness. Water to Wine Tours the ultimate wine adventure, Verde River Trips are safe & fun for all, Paddle to Pints a fun Verde River experience, Saddle to Paddle combine a horseback adventure with a river trip, Wine Tasting Tours of the Verde Valley, Tubing and Ducky madness, stay cool on the River, Hiking and Scenic Tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Kayaking w/wine tasting --good times!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We decided at the last minute to do this combination tour. We dropped our luggage at the hotel, changed into our bathing suits and drove to the winery. We did not have the proper equipment but it did not matter. We bought a hat at the winery. All I had with me were flip-flops and hubby was in tennis shoes. Once there, Greg took over and the fun began! Short tutorial on how to kayak and then went with the flow...literally:). It rained most of the trip which turned out to be a blessing. Greg was awesome! He was very knowledgeable, informative about the various foliage and great sense of humor! It was a great first kayaking trip! If we return, we will definitely do this again!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Classic Water to Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Once we got over the bump of not having the correct telephone number for Sedona Adventure Tours everything was smooth sailing. Our guide met us on time at the Alcantara Vineyard, directions were good and the Vineyard was well marked. After a quick but thorough intro into how to handle the ducky kayaks we beginners were off. The water level was low but that didn't affect our one hour trip down the Verde River. Greg was very patient and encouraging as our kayaks seemed to have minds of their own. After the water part of the adventure was finished we left the river and walked the short distance to Alcantara. We enjoyed the ambiance and the wine tasting. Bring a hat, sunscreen and water. We brought along a camera that stayed dry. A change of clothes might be a good idea also. No water cannons on our trip but we all got pretty wet. Would love to take the tour another time.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Really?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family was vacationing in Phoenix in August of 2013. One day, we thought we would go to Camp Verde to go kayaking. I called Sedona Adventure Tours at 9:30 am to see if they had two kayaks we could rent at around noon. I was informed that they did not have any guys available to shuttle the kayaks back and forth to the river. Wow. Okay, maybe we were too last minute with our plans. I called back a half hour later to rent two kayaks for the next day. I was advised that they only had one kayak available. Really??! I reviewed the company's website . . . I am pretty sure they are in the kayak rental business. The website does not indicate a need to book the rental days or even months in advance. It is a four to five hour trip down the river; it is not a multiple day experience. I am pretty sure this is the slow season in AZ . . . Oh well. As both my girlfriend and I have run SUCCESSFUL businesses in our lives, we are absolutely befuddled by our interaction with this company.

3 Thank JJG1965
anodes, Owner at Sedona Adventure Tours, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
So sorry for not being able to accommodate your and your family kayak rental and shuttle needs. August is one of our busiest months with family vacations and we are running at capacity almost everyday. Our peak travel times are March, April, June, July and August I would recommend everyone make as far in advance as you can for hotels and activities.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I headed up to Sedona to get away from the Phoenix heat and did the Water to Wine kayaking trip. Chris was a fantastic guide for the trip. We'll definitely be back next summer to try their Paddle to Pints trip. I'd highly recommend this to other couples or larger groups as a great weekend getaway or even a day trip if you live close enough.

Chicago, Illinois
“fun in the sun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Myself and a group on friends went on their paddle and wine tour. We went down the river in kayaks for a few hours. We packed some food and drinks with us because we always get hungry when we are out on the water for a few hours. Had a great time with our friends with a little wine. Great time to be in arizona and enjoying the heat of the day on the river.