“Love Minami's”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I absolutely LOVE this place because it's small, quaint, and the sushi is prepared fresh. I will not eat sushi anywhere else! We go for lunch and dinner, and it's definately a place for the locals. If you are looking for fancy lighting and romance, you should try Scottsdale, they'll have what you are looking for. I'm very picky about the seafood I eat in this day and age, but I never have to question the quality of Yoshi's sushi. Fun atmosphere, fun conversation, and I leave stuffed...everytime. Thank you Minami's!!! We will be back!

1  Thank Tugg3

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Sushi in Sedona? Well it is okay. The service is pleasant, the sushi is good but not great. A couple of the appetizers we tried were pretty mediocre. Inside is somewhat dumpy, with some tables actually facing the restroom door.

1  Thank passandshoot
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have Sushi in northern AZ a few times a month. About once a year we give Minami a try to see if anything has changed. Just tried it again and nope, nothing different here. We suppose if we were visiting the area as many do, we might be satisfied. However, as locals, the menu is limited and the service could be a little quicker. If you're a visitor with a group of 4 or less, a couple of casual hours can be nice here. Otherwise, a run to one of the places in Flagstaff is worth the trip.

1  Thank Sedonacouple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Small little restaurant but very good food and friendly service. No lack of food and all dishes were prepared to perfection.

1  Thank ds03055
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sometimes life throws up little gems, like the Minami, 50 yards away from the Desert Quail Motel. Small, very Japanese, with a real character "grumpy" Japanese Chef/owner (not really), preparing some very nice Sushi. He prevailed on us to try some fresh-in Sea Urchin, which I am sure was very good, but not something I ever want to taste again!

A great evening, charming chef and waitress, and really nice good quality Japanese food.

Recommended.

1  Thank Peter S

Been to Minami Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!