“What a Surprisingly Nice Stay!”

Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed November 3, 2006

This hotel in the center of town surprised us greatly. It was not only perfectly situated in a fun shopping area of town but also offered the best views of the red rocks. The staff was also wonderful. We were happy to find that they had accomodated all of our requests: to have a king room with a view; to have a crib for our 1-year old; and to be placed next door to our in-laws traveling with us. All of those conditions were met and they made our trip much more enjoyable.

The hotel rooms are spacious and even have a sitting area with a fold-out couch. There is a mini fridge which is key when you are traveling with toddlers who need their bed time milk and other things during the day. The free continental breakfast was average but did include a make-your-own-waffle station which we used every day. It was nice to be able to go down there for breakfast and fill up the kids' sippy cups with apple juice for our day ahead. Plus we usually grabbed some fresh fruit from breakfast (bananas and apples) to take with us. The cafe area where breakfast was served was very nice and comfortable.

The great thing about the hotel is that no matter where you were, you got a great view of the scenery. Even in the glass elevator. The hotel grounds are also very pretty. We didn't use the pool since the temps were cool and we just didn't have enough time, but it looked nice and clean.

My only negative point about the hotel is that the railings throughout the property were not your standard width and a small child could fall through the openings. There are signs throughout the property advising people to keep an eye out on their kids. This was disappointing because we didn't get to enjoy any time on our balacony and take in that beautiful scenery because of that. We also didn't let our kids go back and forth on their own between our room and grandma's room. They should really change that to make parents less worried about their kids' safety during their stay.

Other than that, a very nice stay at a surprisingly nice 2-star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelingHoosiers
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas

Reviewed October 30, 2006

Great view and wonderful place to stay . if you get a room on the back side of the hotel you can’t go wrong. The location is great right on the main street with a lot of shops with in walking distance and just a short drive up the road to go further in to the beautiful oak creek canyon area. The rooms are nice and the service was excellent . They have a very nice continental breakfast that is included with your stay. There is a newer "North" section with 12 rooms all have fireplaces and the bottom floor rooms also have jacuzzi tubs. I did not stay in those but they looked nice, its only 2 stories so the views aren't quite as good. There is a large attractive fountain on the back lawn and a swimming pool on the main property and a another indoor / outdoor pool with jacuzzi and a gym which you will have acces to in the villa area.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tpazk
Reviewed August 29, 2006

From our room we had a beautiful view of the Red Rocks of Sedona. Perched just above Oak Creek the hotel is surrounded by giant mature oak trees.

Our room was adequet and basic, but was clean. Our only complaint is parking. Since the hotel is built on a hillside with very limited parking topside, most of the parking is at the bottom of the hill and it's a bit of a trek to pull your luggage up the hill to your room.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank OldMX
Reviewed July 28, 2006

How wonderful. My sister and I stayed here for my 40th bday adventure and were in awe over the room and the view. We were on the fourth floor, the top floor (fifth) is for King bed rooms. The view that we had was of snoopy and lucy rock. I could sit on my bed and look right out to the rocks. What a beautiful view. One thing to watch out for is the sliding door to the porch, it is self locking. I went to get ice at one time and it was a good thing that I took my key because when I came back to the room my sister was on the porch locked out. I got pictures of that. The beds and pillows were wonderful and you couldnt hear neighbors at all during the night. We slept with the sliding door wide open all night and that was wonderful. The full continental breakfast was great and gave us a good start to the day. You cant go wrong staying here at the hotel. We didnt stay in the villas but could see them down towards the creekside more so I cant say what those are like. But the hotel was wonderful in every way. The desk staff was nice and remembered me from five months earlier when I checked out the property before making the reservation. I was impressed.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank travelfrmaz
Reviewed July 1, 2006

My husband, myself and 3 kids stayed here 2 nights in june 06. Enjoyed our stay. Our room was on first floor (room 101). I was told by the staff that the rooms with 2 queens were the only ones large enough to allow 5 people. They were also recently remodled and look very nice for a best western. Our room had a great view of the red rocks and our balcony looked over the pool which was very convenient for the kids. The hotel is in a great spot and the kids and I could walk to shopping/dining very easily. This is definitily the nicest best western i have ever stayed at...flowers everywhere and very friendly staff. We did the pink jeep broken arrow tour and it was great (broken arrow)..though expensive ($300 for five of us). Great value for a family..ask for AAA rate.

4  Thank doogie2
A TripAdvisor Member
United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2006

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2006

11  Thank Grinder12000
Travelers also viewed these Sedona hotels
Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
The Orchards Inn of Sedona
Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Casa Sedona Inn
Casa Sedona Inn
#3 of 48 in Sedona
Sedona Real Inn and Suites
Kimpton Amara Resort & Spa

Been to Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas? Share your experiences!