“Great hotel with awesome view”

Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Our room had an awesome and breathtaking view towards the mountains. We also enjoyed the many little shops in the neighborhood.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Wolfram S
BWARHmanagement, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and we look forward to seeing you here in Sedona again very soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed one night at the Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel for business. It was a fine hotel, but I am not sure I'd go back the next time I am in Sedona.

The hotel is set on a hilltop, with one side facing the Sedona landscape and the other side facing a few nondescript buildings and a pretty busy road. I was on the less-scenic view side. My rate was about $40/per night less than a room with a view would have been. My big advice if you are considering staying here is to pay more for a room with a view. I could have been in any town in America, and I think a room with a view would have made a big difference.

One tip to the hotel - unless the hotel is fully booked (It was not even close to fully booked the night I stayed there), you should upgrade guests for free to rooms on the side with the view. I asked if I could have a room with a view and was told it would be another $40. Since I am traveling for work with a budget, I declined. I don't see why it would be bad to do this kind of upgrade, and all it left me with was a sour taste in my mouth.

The room was fine, if a tad overheated. It had a thermostat and by playing around with it over a few hours, I was able to get the room to a comfy temperature.

The halls leading to the room doors are open-air, and you can see the Sedona view from the stairwell.

There is a free breakfast, and it was fine. There were a lot of options and the staff serving breakfast were really friendly and helpful.

Internet in my room was good - no problems there.

Free parking is plentiful and pretty easy, as long as you are able bodied to walk up a small hill. They have loading and unloading parking spots so you can deposit your luggage and check in closer to the hotel.

I just don't know if I'd stay here again, given how nondescript my non-view room was. If you are booking, make sure you get a room with a view, otherwise you'd be better to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Only accept a room with a view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank hotelgirl111
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We'd been traveling for over three weeks and this was the "Pièce de résistance" As soon as we opened the door to our room, the view from our second floor balcony was amazing! The room was spacious with a gas fireplace, comfortable sofa, wet bar and wonderful bath with two full sets of nice towels. The bed was so comfortable and the king sheets actually were fitted and stayed put (I just don't understand why some "nice" hotels don't have fitted sheets that stay on the bed!). We were able to walk a short distance for dinner in Sedona and enjoyed this beautiful city each evening. The breakfast in the hotel (included) was very good and the servers friendly and helpful. The evenings were quite cool and the gas fireplace was wonderful. This was not your usual Best Western :)

2  Thank CathyG4

Dear CathyG4,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you stayed in one of our North Signature Rooms, and it is wonderful to hear that you had a delightful stay! I agree that it is nice to have the fireplace on cool Sedona evenings, and I am so glad you enjoyed the views from your balcony!
We sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hotel was great. Had an excellent view from our balcony. Washer/dryer facilities in our building. Our room had a fireplace and king size bed. Plenty of towels. The breakfast was very good. We were able to walk to a lot of shops and restaurants. The only negative was the internet access. It was great but we had to log back in very often. If the iPad/phone/laptop went to sleep, you had to log back in. Otherwise the speed was great.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear WarnerG,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in one of our North Signature Rooms, and found our location convenient to all of Uptown Sedona’s activities. With the commercial Internet service, it does have an initial log-in page for each time you turn on a device and start a new search, however I am glad you found the speed of the free Wi-Fi to be quick and efficient.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

First of all the view from this hotel is spectacular! The staff are very helpful and accommodating and the breakfast servers and chef are awesome. The breakfast exceeded our expectations. Shout out to our server Ricardo, and the chef Gilberto. They were awesome in that they went out of their way to accommodate me as I'm injured and let my breakfast be delivered to my room. The food by far is some of the best I've had. Five stars all the way. Definitely recommend this hotel. What more could you ask for? Everything is within walking distance, shops, restaurants, things to see. Plus there is an indoor pool and hot tub nearby that guests have access to.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Zombie1979,

Thank you for your kind review. The views are spectacular, I must agree! As a family owned business, we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service, and I am thrilled to hear that our team exceeded your expectations.
I will be sure to pass along your breakfast comments on to Gil and Ricardo.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back soon to enjoy the views, location, and breakfast again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I ran the Sedona Marathon and this hotel was on the race's website. I was able to save $100 per night because i ran the race; however, I thought it was very pricey for what I paid. The hotel's lobby is small and nothing special. It had a feel of "motel" I thought it was a great location for eating and shopping. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfy. The only recommendation I had was that the staff was a sponsor of this hotel for the race, they should have been more knowledgable as to where the expo was or even the start of the race. I think the girl at check-in didn't even realize there was a race that weekend. The breakfast was great. The staff working in the club house for breakfast where so friendly and kept the tables cleaned at all times. I found the breakfast buffet better than a restaurant we went to one morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear KimS,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the Sedona Marathon. I am glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable, our location convenient, and that you enjoyed the free breakfast buffet.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find great value in the price paid for your room and did not find the staff knowledgeable on the Marathon. I will be sure to have each team member aware of the Marathon event locations next year. We also find that many guests enjoy the amenities included such as the free extensive hot breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi, private access on Oak Creek, and free access to the Clubhouse with the only indoor pool in Sedona, whirlpools, steam room, sauna, game room and more.

I hope that you stay with us again in the future, and have the opportunity to explore all the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very nice hotel in a good location. Housekeeping kept the room clean and tidy. My only disappointment in the hotel was to learn that none of the amenities (indoor pool, game room, and breakfast area) are in the same building and not attached to the main hotel. The second and MOST disappointing fact was our flat screen tv in room 213 had a set volume restriction. When I called the front desk, I was told all tv's in the hotel have a preset volume limit as to not disturb other guesses. I mentioned I was hearing impaired and she told me to use closed captioning. The fact of the matter, flat screen tv's already have a poor volume output and this is the first hotel I have stayed at that has such a rule.

Room Tip: Room 213 had nice views, but tv volume output was poor.
1  Thank imnot1099

Dear imnot1099,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that your room was kept tidy, and you enjoyed the Uptown location of the hotel. In order to respect the needs and comfort of all our guests, the televisions are commercial use, and have a pre-set maximum volume limit. However, each guest room television is equipped with closed captioning should hearing assistance be required.

We appreciate your business, and hope you are able to visit Sedona again soon